Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Wow. Imagine if he took Boston's offer....how good their rotation could be....
  • Reply 2 of 39
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    sigh..... this is like Derek Jeter or Bernie Williams or heck...Don Mattingly leaving the Yankees.

so sad.

But, I guess I have to respect Andy. He took less money to play where he wanted.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    Yawn...
  • Reply 4 of 39
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Yawn...

Canadia is pretty boring huh
  • Reply 5 of 39
    Ummm for the most part... but we find people to do -- umm -- things to do.

But I am not a fan of Baseball... so, without bashing the sport or bashing you guys for liking the sport, I showed my feelings toward baseball.

• Reply 6 of 39
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Yeah but you bastards are taking Kevin Brown from us and giving Jeff Choker in return. GAH! I hate you.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Canadia is pretty boring huh

not unlike baseball...

enjoy playing (althought i'm not so good) but how ppl sit through entire games on TV is beyond me

maybe playoffs...
  • Reply 8 of 39
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

not unlike baseball...

enjoy playing (althought i'm not so good) but how ppl sit through entire games on TV is beyond me

maybe playoffs...

Great, start an "I hate baseball" thread and stay out of this one. \\/\\/ickes too. This thread is about off-season baseball transactions, and more specifically the Pettite --> Houston deal.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Yeah but you bastards are taking Kevin Brown from us and giving Jeff Choker in return. GAH! I hate you.

At least the Dodgers are probably going to spend more than $70M on payroll...
  • Reply 10 of 39
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Great, start an "I hate baseball" thread and stay out of this one. \\/\\/ickes too. This thread is about off-season baseball transactions, and more specifically the Pettite --> Houston deal.

fair enough

i was just joking, not unlike applenut's canada comment

<crawls back under rock>

continue your off season baseball discussion

edit: so does my post count drop when i say something the mods don't like? or is this an unrelated issue.

edit 2: nevermind, i guess i had posts from deleted threads or something

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=35065
  • Reply 11 of 39
    Quote:

But they still won't be able to score any runs. That Sheffield-Brian Jordan trade is starting to look mighty silly.

And congratulations to Pettitte for resisting the cash.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    And Steinbrenner will execute Cashman in 5...4....3....2...1....

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    Come on Cosmo... looks like us two from TO are not welcome...
  • Reply 14 of 39
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The Yanks rotation after Musinna and Vazquez are question marks. Kevin Brown? Yeah he's great, but he's also 39 and injury prone. Contrares? Who knows how he'll be starting all year. Jon Lieber? Will he be the same coming back from the surgery?

As of now I'd say the Red Sox are a lock to win the AL East, especially if they get A-Rod.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    This wouldn't bother me as much if we hadn't traded Ted Lilly for that loser Weaver. Oh well, hope he likes it in his hometown.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    Great, now all the Astros need is 6 more players before they can compete with the Cubs. Cubbies all the way!!!
  • Reply 17 of 39
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I have had a blast hearing Yankees fans crying about loosing Pettitte. Today is a great day to be a Mets fan.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

But they still won't be able to score any runs. That Sheffield-Brian Jordan trade is starting to look mighty silly.

And congratulations to Pettitte for resisting the cash.

It wasn't Sheffield for Jordan. It was Sheffield for Jordan and Odalis Perez. Perez has been worth it.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    Quote:

Yeah, on who exactly? Sexson already signed with the D-Backs. No way we are getting Nomar or A-Rod. i doubt we get Pudge. All the good Florida free agents resigned. blah.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It wasn't Sheffield for Jordan. It was Sheffield for Jordan and Odalis Perez. Perez has been worth it.

And Sheffield's proving once again to be a pain in the ass anyway.