Regarding post count

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Something seems to be wrong with how this server counts member posts. This is my third post in these forums and yet if you look at my info it says five posts. Go ahead and search the forums for Kermit of Sweden. I have three posts under my belt. No more. No less.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Yeah, it does that from time to time. It gives new members extra posts for some reason unknown to me. Every once in a while I run a server script that forces a proper recount of the posts. I'll do that now.

Thanks for the heads-up.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Ironically, while I was reading your response, I noticed yet another "free" post had been granted my account.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Postcount is the new social standing marker...

Look!! I am 26 going on 10, and yet I am Senior
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Should be fixed for now.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    HOLY SHIT... My post cound dropped by 21 posts...

That is some off counting if you ask me...
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Yea, I was up at 815 and now I'm down to 777. What's going on here? I know I never got any big boosts or anything like that, why the sudden loss of 30 posts?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    if it wouldn't be for the post count, I wouldn't want to live anymore maybe it's time for another round without post counts. what do you think?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    im down
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

if it wouldn't be for the post count, I wouldn't want to live anymore maybe it's time for another round without post counts. what do you think?

It's not that I care about my post count, I just kinda wanted to know where 30 extra posts came from, and how I never noticed it. Not a big deal, but 30 is pretty high to just lose.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    As I said refore, this is a recurring problem with vBulletin. I don't know where the extra numbres are coming from. Part of the problem, but not all of it, is to to vBulletin not adjusting the counters when threads are deleted. That doesn't account for most of the discrepencies, though.

Don't sweat it, folks. It's not like anyone needs to know EXACTLY how many times you've posted. If you have several hundred already, being off by +/- 20 or 30 isn't a big deal.

The last time I recounted, every member on the forum had 20 extra posts. Exactly. No idea why.

If there was a fix for it, I'd implement it ASAP.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Vbulletin beta 7 is out..that might fix a few problems.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I, for one, will not rest until this situation is resolved. Your explanations are insufficient, Bradley. You obviously fail to see the scope of this far reaching problem.

This is right up there with the TV going fuzzy for 1 second, and having a penny fall out of your pocket.

This is really making me reevaluate my association with this board. An extra post or two is one thing.. but TWENTY?!

Horrible.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Anyone here willing to shell out the money for a new vBulletin license?

No?

No?

Well, I guess we're stuck with what we've got, then.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

This is right up there with the TV going fuzzy for 1 second, and having a penny fall out of your pocket.

a real penny or a Canadian penny?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Anyone here willing to shell out the money for a new vBulletin license?

No?

No?

Well, I guess we're stuck with what we've got, then.

Quit peddling cold, harsh, reality here, pal.