Anyone deal with 18004memory.com?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone used 18004memory.com to buy ram? If so, how was the service, product, quality...? Any opinions of this company?

I was thinking of getting 2GB of RAM for my G5 ($281) and the deal seems a little too good to be true. (4x 256MB. 2 slots will still be open if I want to add 2x 1GB sticks later when prices come down.)

Of course if it is the real deal, I'm sold on some new RAM.

Thanks

-Ebby

8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Has anyone used 18004memory.com to buy ram? If so, how was the service, product, quality...? Any opinions of this company?

I was thinking of getting 2GB of RAM for my G5 ($281) and the deal seems a little too good to be true. (4x 256MB. 2 slots will still be open if I want to add 2x 1GB sticks later when prices come down.)

Of course if it is the real deal, I'm sold on some new RAM.

Thanks

-Ebby

8)

i've purchased from them at least 4 or 5 times with no problems whatsoever. The delivery was quick and the ram has worked great for over a year. I've bought all generic ram from them, BTW, not the expensive stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Based on the reviews I saw from Apple discussion, MacNN, MacObserver, etc.....

The rating to 18004Memory is either "hit" or "miss"

By the way.....I started buying OWC's own brand of RAM from Other World Computing since the beige G3 days

I bought all RAM from them for my:

Beige G3

Mainstreet PB

Pismo PB

B/W G3 + Yikes G4

Sawtooth to SlowSilver? (bought the PC133 RAM so that I was able to carry the RAM from Sawtooth to Gigabit Ethernet to SlowSilver?)

Dual G5

Guess what? I have had ZERO problem. Can't complain.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I haven't had any problems with them either.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    i used them once and they sent the wrong memory. i called and told them and they overnighted the correct one and sent a prepaid envelope for the memory they sent in error.

so i give them a thumbs up and would use them again.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I've used them a few times and never had a problem.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I pretty much buy all my RAM from that company. Always great service.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I've bought from them twice with no problem. Fast shipping and very good prices. Never had a problem with the RAM.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    They don't seem to mention SPD timings on their site at all, which is quite lame. "Hyperspeed" is also quite a lame name. Their website is lame too. Lame.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    at my last job we did a massive upgrade to all the desktops, bought over $2,000 in RAM from them, mostly in 256 and 512 chips. didn't have a single problem.

for my own machines i only buy crucial memory though.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    checkincheckin Posts: 1member

I bought 2GB of memory sticks for $20 for my Gateway desktop, they fit perfect , but unfortunatly did not work. The screen froze with squiggly lines, & have to return them. Am thinking of looking at Kingston, or another brand.