ROTK: 1st showing tickets. Who's got 'em?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys. Sorry if I should have put this in the other Return of the King topic, but I wanted to ask everyone who is going to the first showing of ROTK? I've got my tickets here at the Esquire 7. Same place that I saw the Two Towers last year. The awesome thing about this is that the theater is huge! Seats at least 800 people. It is the same place I saw Star Wars Episode 2 at and the fans are the most excited there. It's just cool. So, are you going to the early showing? If so, which theater? 2 days!!! 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I have two tickets for the 12:01 AM showing at the local AMC.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

So you ARE a geek!
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

So you ARE a geek!

This a forum about........computers. We're all geeks here.

Go see the movie.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    I am going to a screening in about 12 hours. There will be about 5000 people in front of a 120 ft screen. Should be quite a spectacle.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    i'll have to go during work on wed.

• Reply 6 of 17
    They don't go on sale till Tuesday, but I'll have someone standing in line for me to get tickets for the 12:01 a.m. showing. Work is going to be really fun Wednesday morning! z_z
  • Reply 7 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I was secretly conspiring to see the first showing by myself on Wednesday morning, and then going again "the first time" with the little woman on Friday morning... just so I can catch the little details I miss (inevitable with long films like this), but I may get myself into a heap-o-trouble if I do.

\
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Me too! A buddy of mine works there and hooked me up. And if this makes me a geek, than so be it!
  • Reply 9 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Me too! A buddy of mine works there and hooked me up. And if this makes me a geek, than so be it!

It'd be even geekier to go to a 12:01 AM show alone...
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It'd be even geekier to go to a 12:01 AM show alone...

Hey! That's exactly what I did for the midnight showing of Fellowship two years ago.

Tuesday night I'll be at the Southdale 16 in Edina MN ... with three friends, thag you very buch!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Not me... looks like I'll be going to a Friday showing. This'll give me a chance to revisit the last two on DVD this week.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Couldn't make it to the first showing. Got tickets for the Sunday showing at the Uptown theater in DC - old school big screen
  • Reply 13 of 17
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Ok, so I just got back from the midnight show. No spoilers in my post, but get this...

At the end of the movie during a very emotional sequence the audio starts getting screwy. Then the film goes. It starts flapping like you would see in a movie. The house lights come up. Movie over. But there were still about 6 minutes left. They couldn't get it back and running so I got a refund, but now I don't know what happens at the very end.

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Ok, so I just got back from the midnight show. No spoilers in my post, but get this...

At the end of the movie during a very emotional sequence the audio starts getting screwy. Then the film goes. It starts flapping like you would see in a movie. The house lights come up. Movie over. But there were still about 6 minutes left. They couldn't get it back and running so I got a refund, but now I don't know what happens at the very end.

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

That sucks...all I have to say is

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

It was EVERYTHING I imagined and MORE...simply AMAZING!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Yes it was very good. I just got back a little while ago from it too. My ass is numb.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

Wow, that sucks even worse than my story...

They didn't open the megaplex's outer doors until 11:30 (we had to wait in an enormous line in the mall), and then they didn't even start seating people in the actual theaters until 11:50. So of course with the time it takes to get everyone in, the lights don't even go down until 12:25. And then ... trailers! (At midnight showings of FOTR and TTT they just launched right into the film.) But the one trailer I wanted to see, Spider-Man 2, the video was all screwed up, the frame wasn't centered properly. Sucked! We didn't get out of there until 4 a.m.

DO NOT go to the Southdale Megastar 16 in Edina MN. Morons.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    my youngest daughter went to opening day...she shameless flirted with the teenage ticket guy a couple of months ago just to get them....ah, the wonders of being a father...

g