Well it was bound to happen, I sent an Apple off to repair.

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Yup, I have owned 5 Macs dating back to a 512k, but none of them have ever been sent in for repair. But two days ago the hard drive dies in my 12" PowerBook. I would boot it and it would sit on the grey Apple screen, but the pin wheel would not even show up. I threw my Disk Warrior cd in, but it wouldn't boot the computer either, it would hang when it tried to initialize the drives.

So, long story short, I went to SoHo today and dropped it off. Anyone else never have to send their Macs in for repair?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Yup, I have owned 5 Macs dating back to a 512k, but none of them have ever been sent in for repair. But two days ago the hard drive dies in my 12" PowerBook. I would boot it and it would sit on the grey Apple screen, but the pin wheel would not even show up. I threw my Disk Warrior cd in, but it wouldn't boot the computer either, it would hang when it tried to initialize the drives.

So, long story short, I went to SoHo today and dropped it off. Anyone else never have to send their Macs in for repair?

I think, quite possibly, you're the first person on this board to ever do that. It must have been quite sad.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Dude. Quit lying. Macs. Don´t. Break. EVAR.

Go sit in the whine booth with Fran you WinTroll.

• Reply 3 of 3
    I've owned macs since before they were macs (Apple II) and have never had to send one in. I hope the day never comes.