Saddam Has Been Captured

Comments

• Reply 221 of 269
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Even if it's true it doesn't make him an employee of the US.

Employer: the boss (he pays)

Employee: not the boss (he is paid)

In the US-Saddam relationship, the boss is/was........

Here's an employer sharing an intimate moment with a favored employee:

PICTURE
  • Reply 222 of 269
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Yeah, so because 20 years ago the US supported Iraq's fight against communists, it is now responsible for all the atrocities the Iraqi goverment has committed since then. Because as everyone knows, the Great Satan is the only one to assist Iraq in any way ever. Why is this even debated?

So when I go slaughter my family tonight, Apple Insider, this thread, everyone who posted in it, rap music, and television will be to blame. Because it's not really my fault.
  • Reply 223 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Yeah, so because 20 years ago the US supported Iraq's fight against communists, it is now responsible for all the atrocities the Iraqi goverment has committed since then. Because as everyone knows, the Great Satan is the only one to assist Iraq in any way ever. Why is this even debated?

Because some of these Commies are still upset that we helped Saddam fight them..
  • Reply 224 of 269
    OK. Here's my 2 cents. I couldn't make it through this entire post but I believe I got some of the gist. My first reaction upon hearing the news was--GREAT. I was surprised, actually. My next thought was, well, I guess this means Bush will be reelected. I felt that to be a bit sanctimonious, but that IS what my feelings were at the time.

Some other thoughts are--why was it possible to capture Hussein and IMPOSSIBLE to find Osama? Well, Saddam has been a pariah on most of the Arab community (except for those families of Palestinian suicide bombers that will sorely miss the stipends they have been receiving). What a constructive way to help the plight of a disenfranchised people by payrolling suicides. I know, another thread. The thought is, though, that Saddam was not a well liked or respected guy. Feared, yes, but that is about it in terms of support from the environment. Osama, on the other hand, has respect and a fervent following from intelligent, moneyed people as well as some of the disenfranchised masses. Osama stands for something--whether we like what he stands for or not is immaterial. He has a legitimate following from individuals that respect and revere what he has to say and how he acts relative to those convictions. Those people will protect him, support him, and keep him from capture. Saddam did not have those loyal minions.

As to the appropriate punishment for Saddam, I believe that God ultimately handles that stuff. And, for those of you out there who don't believe in a general creative force, perhaps Karma will tickle your fancy. You know, whatever goes around comes around. How beautiful for those people who have suffered at the hands of such a seemingly POWERFUL man, to see him being examined for lice and looking like a broken down shell of a human being. For my two cents, it warms the cockles of my heart to see this image of him out there to help those thousands of people, who suffered at his hand, heal.
  • Reply 225 of 269
    Oh my. I just caught the last few posts here. We ARE off in a new direction.

BuonRotto wrote:

Quote:

realize my wish that people could see the world for what it is rather than what they want it to be is futile though. The shoulda, coulda, woulda game is just so much nostalgia.

So, how IS the world? Are you suggesting that there are no good guys or bad guys? For the most part, I would tend to agree. But then, you get folks like Stalin or Saddam and the challenge is laid out in front of you.

Don't misunderstand me, I still believe that the REAL reason we went into Iraq was to get our hands on the second largest oil field on the planet and, I suspect, that is what has gotten France and Germanys' shorts in a bunch, not to mention the former USSR..

Hey, Powerdoc, are you French? It is not your views, but your use of the language that makes me wonder. What matter is that for us anyway? If this is the case, you bring a unique perspective to what us Americans usually hear about the French. If not, excuse-moi s'il vous plait...
  • Reply 226 of 269
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    An interesting take on the Saddam capture or "capture" (!) by US forces.... from DEBKA (Israeli source):

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=743

Thoughts? Opinions?
  • Reply 227 of 269
    Believe whatever you want. I see no reason why the condition Hussein was in would eliminate the idea of being on the run/in hiding. I ask you this: if we was captive, wouldn't it be terribly easy to hide that fact if they felt it desirable? Ockham's razor once again.

And of course my words are twisted into shit above too. But that's my fault for speaking up. Point is, singling out the US is deliberate and dumb.
  • Reply 228 of 269
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by meilleure ami

Oh my. I just caught the last few posts here. We ARE off in a new direction.

BuonRotto wrote:

So, how IS the world? Are you suggesting that there are no good guys or bad guys? For the most part, I would tend to agree. But then, you get folks like Stalin or Saddam and the challenge is laid out in front of you.

Don't misunderstand me, I still believe that the REAL reason we went into Iraq was to get our hands on the second largest oil field on the planet and, I suspect, that is what has gotten France and Germanys' shorts in a bunch, not to mention the former USSR..

Hey, Powerdoc, are you French? It is not your views, but your use of the language that makes me wonder. What matter is that for us anyway? If this is the case, you bring a unique perspective to what us Americans usually hear about the French. If not, excuse-moi s'il vous plait...

I am french indeed. And i am sorry, that my english is still weird. I bring just my own perspective, that has some french colors, but just belong to me, and his not a reflect of the french opinion (that i ignore on many subjects in fact).

I discovered one thing here : the board is full of individuality, and if can see some cultural common points (very few indeed : perhaps the Krispy Donuts ), i can not draw the typical portrait, or an US people or a Canadian. It has reinforce me the evidence that stereotypes are stupid and innacurate.

These boards also influence my point of vue. It give me a different image of the world, than the one i should have if i stay between french.

I just failed to improve my english, but i have improved my-self : now i know that i sucks ... (my english)
  • Reply 229 of 269
    o
  • Reply 230 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

o

That's genius.
  • Reply 231 of 269
    Powerdoc, do not be so hard on yourself!

Quote:

I just failed to improve my english, but i have improved my-self : now i know that i sucks ... (my english)

I am sorry to say that most Americans cannot speak another language besides English and many never see a need to even try. With each language comes a different way of encoding thought. With different ways of encoding thought comes the potential for flexibility and openmindedness. With openmindedness comes the possibility for mutual cooperation and, gasp, peace. Now, wouldn't THAT be nice...
  • Reply 232 of 269
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

An interesting take on the Saddam capture or "capture" (!) by US forces.... from DEBKA (Israeli source):

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=743

Thoughts? Opinions?

Debka is eternally FOS. According to them, Saddam is in belarus. Debka is disinfo central.
  • Reply 233 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Debka is eternally FOS. According to them, Saddam is in belarus. Debka is disinfo central.

LOVE reading Debka. I find their stuff to be a must read.

They often provide some very nice analysis to what the Arab scumballs are up to..
  • Reply 234 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

I don't remember reading this. And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria. Which I don't remember them saying either. Are you just making this shit up?
  • Reply 235 of 269
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by majorspunk

I don't remember reading this. And you earlier claimed that Debka claimed that Sadam is Syria. Which I don't remember them saying either. Are you just making this shit up?

No, he's not.
  • Reply 236 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

No, he's not.

How do you know? Do you read Dabka?
  • Reply 237 of 269
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Actually, yes. They're the NY Post of the Middle East.
  • Reply 238 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Actually, yes. They're the NY Post of the Middle East.

I don't follow you.
  • Reply 239 of 269
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by majorspunk

How do you know? Do you read Dabka?

I have read it, but I don't follow it very closely. It's mostly just a laugh. I was reading it when they were reporting about Saddam in Syria.
  • Reply 240 of 269
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I have read it, but I don't follow it very closely. It's mostly just a laugh. I was reading it when they were reporting about Saddam in Syria.

Where did they say that?