Wwdc 2004

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well, looks like the 2004 Worldwide Developers conference is June 28th to July 2nd.

Lets start the rumors...

I predict... PowerBook G5? I guess Dual 3GHz Power Mac G5

Maybe it is still a bit too early to start WWDC 04 rumors...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It's never too early! We'll all be sick of the rumors by the time June 28th rolls around, but where would the fun be if there were none?

I agree, 3.0ghz G5 (maybe more, we'll see what happens at MWSF in Jan). Definitely a G5 based PB too. Going out on a limb here, if Apple wants to make WWDC a huge deal than they will release the new iBooks with the IBM built G4 chips. Although I doubt the last one will happen, it would be cool. I think that a refresh to the G5 line will happen (maybe a new, smaller tower?) and a portable G5 as well.

And remember folks, 1984?>2004. Happy 20th to the Macintosh. They have to do something for this, letting the 20th anniversary of the Mac slide by without an anniversary product would be the worst idea ever.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    I think a Powerbook G5 is still too early for WWDC 2004. End 2004 seems like a more realistic date.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    maybe a bit silly comment - but, is an update of hardware of any relevance for a developer?!

we all expect new "toys" in january - so, what needs a developer half a yera later?

any rumors concerning quicktime?

what about inwell, voice recognition, gestures, new input and output devices?

THAT would be rumors
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Announcement for XServe G5 with a future shipping date?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by go2wac

Announcement for XServe G5 with a future shipping date?

if they wait that long...man that just sux.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

maybe a bit silly comment - but, is an update of hardware of any relevance for a developer?!

It's not a silly comment. The G5 was a big event last year as it set the direction of Mac programing for the years to come. There probably won't be anything as big this year.

Also, there are hardware sessions at WWDC. 2003 sessions included: Bluetooth Update, Power Macintosh G5 Architecture Overview, Wireless Directions, USB Update, Developing with FireWire 800, and HID & Force Feedback.