Drudge vs. O'Reilly (I love it)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.drudgereport.com/mattbc.htm

O'reilly has been bragging how his book has outsold Franken's... and that he thinks he'll be able to top Hillary's Living History.

Drudge points out he hasn't... not even close.

1.Ê South Beach DietÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊ 2,304,608 [units scanned]

2.Ê Purpose Driven Life ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ 1,507,902

3.Ê Living HistoryÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ 1,084,520

4. Ultimate Weight SolutionÊÊ 836,043

5. Lies and The Lying LiarsÊÊÊÊ Franken ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊ 674,024

6. Who's Looking Out for YouÊÊÊ O'ReillyÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊ 430,407

7. Benjamin FranklinÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ IsaacsonÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊ 384,137

8. Dude, Where's My CountryÊÊÊÊ MooreÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊ365,519

9. TreasonÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ Coulter ÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ 364,848

Could O'Reilly be lying AGAIN?

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattbc1.htm

And he says he never calls anyone liars.

"I mean you can't believe a word Matt Drudge says," O'Reilly told the cameras. "Now you've got the Matt Drudges of the world and these other people, Michael Moore and all of these crazies, all right, no responsibility... that is a threat to democracy, I think."\tO'Reilly warned: "They'll just spin it and twist it and take it out of proportion every which way.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Considering that O'Reilly and Drudge are lapdogs of the GOP echo chamber, I would think that they would be more coordinated in their fight against liberalism; not fighting amongst themselves!

But, the fact that O'Reilly now wants to start another publicity war with Drudge proves, to me, that O'Reilly is just a self-serving ASS who has let his ratings go straight to his thick head! I used to watch O'Reilly all the time. Now that he's fighting his new phantom war against secularists (didn't you know, those bastards want to kill Christmas), I've completely tuned out altogether.

O'Reilly against Franken. O'Reilly against Hillary. O'Reilly against Drudge. O'Reilly against....[insert name of irresponsible pinko bastard here]
  • Reply 2 of 16
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I used to watch O"reilly nightly as well, but he has thrown himself off a cliff. He has become unwatchable with his crusades against everything. He no longer conducts news analysis. He's a one hour editorial.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I used to watch O"reilly nightly as well, but he has thrown himself off a cliff. He has become unwatchable with his crusades against everything. He no longer conducts news analysis. He's a one hour editorial.

When was it not?

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 4 of 16
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    drudge is a conservative, but will nail people when they deserve it, right or left.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Seeing it on the list reminds me: People should definitely read Walter Isaacson's book on Benjamin Franklin. It was fascinating.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Seeing it on the list reminds me: People should definitely read Walter Isaacson's book on Benjamin Franklin. It was fascinating.

He was on the Daily show a few weeks ago. I was actually interested in reading about Franklin.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    wow, watching O'Reilly on Conan.

O'Reilly is an asswipe.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Indeed. Conan handled O'Reilly's little pot comment rather well.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Anybody hear about Orielley being on Fresh AIR (NPR)? I heard it announced but then never heard anything else.

It had more potnetial than the Gene Simmons interview.

Sigh.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Indeed. Conan handled O'Reilly's little pot comment rather well.

Conan is pretty damn funny tonight. sucks that he is losing his voice though

natalie portman is quite cute too.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Conan has done a remarkable job of going from a Nobody to a Somebody who is on television very late at night.

In the year 2000.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Anybody hear about Orielley being on Fresh AIR (NPR)? I heard it announced but then never heard anything else.

It had more potnetial than the Gene Simmons interview.

Sigh.

O'Reilly acted like a colossal ass on NPR. The funny thing is he thought he was entirely in the right (big surprise) so he posted the interview on his website. When I heard it, I was appalled by what a coward he is when confronted with issues he's not carefully prepared to answer, particularly by the embodiment of evil: Terry Gross.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Conan has done a remarkable job of going from a Nobody to a Somebody who is on television very late at night.

In the year 2000.

I find him much more enjoyable to watch than Letterman or Leno.....well...definitely leno...i can't stand leno.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Anyone find the O'Reilly on Conan video online? I'd love to watch it.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

O'Reilly acted like a colossal ass on NPR. The funny thing is he thought he was entirely in the right (big surprise) so he posted the interview on his website. When I heard it, I was appalled by what a coward he is when confronted with issues he's not carefully prepared to answer, particularly by the embodiment of evil: Terry Gross.

....so the the interview did air. Rats, I would haved LOVED to hear it.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I find him much more enjoyable to watch than Letterman or Leno.....well...definitely leno...i can't stand leno.

I'm with you on this one. When watching late night I watch Letterman and then switch to Conan. Can't stand Leno or kilborn (sp?). Although I did watch kilborn when Rachel Hunter was on a couple days ago. What a magnificent woman. Sigh.