Online poll/survey recommendations?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hey, everyone. i want to include some polls once in a while on a non-profit website i am working on pro bono for someone in the area. i would like it to be customizable enough so that i could integrate it with the pre-existing website without too much hassle. they have, like, no money to spare, so it would have to be a cheap or free option.

does anyone have any suggestions? the closest i have found to an online poll/survey provider that doesn't look hideously sketchy is zoomerang.com, but they put a lot of restrictions on their polls and such without upgrading to their $600/year pro plan (which, i can tell you now, she can't afford)

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

any suggestions would be appreciated.

p.s. i wouldn't be opposed to entertaining a free script that i could host from my site, too, as long as it was fairly simple to install and maintain. but i can't program from scratch to save my life.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Careful with the free polls. I'm not sure how much you value the confidentiality of your patrons, but they are pretty notorious for data-mining. Can you just roll your own?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Careful with the free polls. I'm not sure how much you value the confidentiality of your patrons, but they are pretty notorious for data-mining. Can you just roll your own?

that's what i thought. i might be able to make my own, but managing database stuff might be the one thing left to make my head explode.

like i said, zoomerang seemed to be the only one even remotely non-sketchy, but that's based off not much more than their on-line design and the referral i got them from.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 5 of 5
    i've looked to bravenet in the past. they looked awfully dodgy back in '99, but they are still around, which speaks volumes.

a friend of mine turned me onto the following site, which lists perl surveys and voting scripts, as well as remotely hosted voting scripts which are rated. they also have references to php scripts, if you prefer that instead.

The CGI Resource (it's not just for CGI anymore...)