mad cow disease in washington

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
story

so what do you think this will do to the meat industry, do you plan on continuing to eat meat?

we don't have the same feeding policies they had in great britain at the time of their outbreak. (if you remember they fed diseased beef to other beef which is how it spread so quick and vast.) the FDA say the risk of further contamination is minimal, but will it change your dining plans?

veggies, oh do chime in!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 54
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well my wife just bought a steak for dinner so no.
  • Reply 2 of 54
    i'm not worried for two reasons: (a) the expert, or designated talk-to-the-press-person,, says i shouldn't be worried, and (2) washington is all the way across the country. i'd imagine my beef mostly comes from one of the many closer states.
  • Reply 3 of 54
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 4 of 54
    I only eat republican, Texan cows.

• Reply 5 of 54
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    All I can say is "stand back and watch the panic". Methinks that McDonald's might be in for a bad Q1 of 2004.

My suggestion? Eat Mor Chiken.
  • Reply 6 of 54
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I have been on a no Beef diet for about five years

Its very UN-strict, I even had Whoppers several times last semester . . .but, I did research on BSE several years ago after eating dinner with a leading scientist studying prion protean formation at teh University of Minnesota . . . the things he told me about latency period, the indestructibility of the infectious protean and the way that it works scared me away from a care-free beef heaven

o, tommorrow night, for instance, we are having a big dinner and we are having a dish that usually uses beef but we are using buffallo . . .

I'll see in ten years if the beef diet has kept me clean
  • Reply 7 of 54
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    yea, that cow pic is hilarious.

anyway. i personally don't care mucho as i haven't eaten any meat since i started high school ..
  • Reply 8 of 54
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, we have it up here, and it's the ****ing apocalypse. They get in the US, and it's no big deal.

Rock on.
  • Reply 9 of 54
    That cow picture is from Chick-Fil-A's "Eat Mor Chiken" campaign. I live about fifteen minutes from the original Chick-Fil-A restaurant, in the hometown of the man who founded the chain. California is slated to get more of the restaurants in the near future, once you have one you'll be hooked for life. Krispy Kreme is a piker compared to the power and influence of Chick-Fil-A in the South. Just wait until you taste one....

Oh, don't look for it in the stock market...it's privately owned.

And their dirty little secret? In some of their special deluxe restaurants known as a "Dwarf House", they serve hamburgers!! So those cows do finally get eaten in the end!
  • Reply 10 of 54
    chick-fil-a's been in the midwest for at least twenty years.

they are closed on sunday's all i remember about them.

i don't recall being wowed by their fare, but it always smelled good walking by it in the mall.
  • Reply 11 of 54
    It is days like this I'm happy to be vegan.
  • Reply 12 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

aww don't worry you'll get laid someday

oh wait, *VEGAN*

nevermind.

• Reply 13 of 54
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I think it's basically the same thing.

• Reply 14 of 54
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

oh wait, *VEGAN*

nevermind.

Hey .. vegans get laid too. (better when by other vegans and not by food)
  • Reply 15 of 54
    I knew a Vegan . . .almost extremely intimately . . . even so, pretty close, and her BO smelled great: like fruit juice and perfume . . . naturally
  • Reply 16 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

how do you walk around without withering away to nothingness?
  • Reply 17 of 54
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

tested "presumptively" positive for the brain-wasting illness. The department is awaiting conclusive test results.

Most times that these tests come up "presumptively positive", the further results turn up negative.
  • Reply 18 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

how do you walk around without withering away to nothingness?

I was a low dairy vegetarian for a long time and was probably never healthier . . . rice and beans with olive oil and yeast flakes!!!!! its actually REALLY GOOD!!!

Tofu, Tempeh . . . protein is easy to come by if you just get a little educated as to what sort of food combos to make

I still remember those days as the times I discovered teh 'feeling of my midrift' as if I had never felt my body till I started to eat really really well . . .

I can't explain it . . . you can only understand what it means if you too changed your diet from the usual crap to a consistent organic veggie/ semi macro-biotic diet

as Jon Cage said: if you changed the world's diets the world would change . . . .

I think he was refering to violence and anger and fristration levels . . . but I think that he is right

anyway, people's: stay away from beef: MCD has a 7-10 year latency period where it cannot be detected well, it can not be burned . . . it survives even in the ashes of the meat, it turns brains into sponges and when people get it one of the symptoms of teh always fatal desease is FATAL INSOMNIA . . . . . can you imagine a worse way of going!!!
  • Reply 19 of 54
    Thanks, back on topic.

The disease is truly terrifying.
  • Reply 20 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

oh wait, *VEGAN*

nevermind.

Hey! My wife is vegan too! And at least we'll still be able to do it when the rest of you can't get it up because your brain has rotted away