An Apple Vacation Story...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Having just returned home from a vacation in Colorado snowboarding at Beaver's Creek, I'd just thought I'd ramble and discuss my Apple vacation experiences...

This vacation was the first time I'd taken my ipod out for a decent period of time and I have to say I've really fallen in love with it. Having been a minidisc user for so many years, I was used to carting 10/15 minidiscs around, and it wasn't a fun experience (there's nothing worse than losing a stack of md's from your aeroplane tray table when the person in front attempts to get a coach seat into 'flat bed' position). I was concerned with the battery life issues, but found with occasional charging (every other day or so) I had no problems what so ever!

I have to say that if any of you have ridden the mountain at Beaver Creek, you'll understand what I mean when I say it was a very awe-inspring and spiritual experience, and I was so thankful to have the on-the-go playlist function so I could make myself a vacation soundtrack. Now whenever I'm sat back home in England staring out at the rain I can rev up the ol' ipod and think back to the good times...

The vacation had another first for me. I visited my first Apple store! I think I spent nearly 2 hours drooling over the powerbooks and G5's! Mucho beautiful! Have to say though that I'm a bit disappointed with Apple that they haven't got enough ipod's out there! I was looking to get one for mi padre for xmas but haven't been able to find one anywhere!! I think Apple could have sold 10 times the number they have if they'd stocked up.

On a final note, sure to anger many of you, I saw what was complete disregard for the sacredness of an Apple product. On the flight home, a 'skater boy' next to me pulled out a 15'' Superdrive PB, and reminiscent of my sister's backpack modification, he had scribbled all over it with a black marker and white-out!! I nearly cried...Thinking back now I don't think I can go on. The memories make my eyes itch...

Ok. That's it. Just thought I'd share with all you Apple freaks! (and I mean that in a good way!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Sounds like you had a good time, I can't wait to get an iPod. I know what you mean about the Apple store though, the first time I went I just wanted to stand there forever, not sure why, I think just because it was all there.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by your_ad_here

...a 'skater boy' next to me pulled out a 15'' Superdrive PB, and reminiscent of my sister's backpack modification, he had scribbled all over it with a black marker and white-out!! I nearly cried...

(internal monologue) Oh my. Think happy thoughts. That won't ever happen to mine. It's okay. My Powerbook will be all right. (/internal monologue)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Heh...he said "beaver".
  • Reply 4 of 5
    *sniff, sniff* I want an iPod sooo bad, they haunt my dreams. This reality stuff keeps getting in between me and my dreamy iPod. *curses at the sky* Glad you enjoyed it, if you ever become disenchanted with it, PM me, and I will take the nasty little bugger off your hands. Working or not.

• Reply 5 of 5
    Holy cow. When I get my PB it will remain spotless, forever. Same with the iPod too. However, these are both in my dreams right now. Little short on the cash right now, but what student isn't?