Powerbook G5

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What is going to be so special about this upcoming new Powerbook? Apple has redesigned the look of the PB while still retaining the slim design of the current G4's. The new PB's will be constructed out of an aluminum body, and a(surprisingly) black coated surface. (The apple logo will glow blue on the units lid). The keyboard also has the ambient lighting feature, and the machine is cooled by small grill holes that will run along the side of the unit. All units will have DVD burning optical drives as a standard feature. The new screens will be 14" and 17" in size, boasting higher resolution, supporting up to 1152x864 on the 14" model, and 1440x900 on the 17". Compact Flash and Secure Digital memory expansion slots will be standard in the 17" units. Higher capacity hard drives(60 Gig for the 14", and 80 Gig for the 17"). Actual G5 processor speeds are not yet available, but will be substantially revamped to provide excellent power saving. Battery life? Apple promises the new PB's to provide up to 8 hours on one battery. Airport extreme and Bluetooth are now standard in both models. Memory will 3 times more expandable, thanks to the G5's expandable architecture and support. The 14" will boast a generous 512 DDR memory, while the 17" will boast a whopping 1 Gigabyte DDR memory. Video? The new PB's will be using Nvidias upcoming(unreleased) G-Force series video accelerator. What else can we expect from these machines? We will have to wait and see!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    One word in reply to that...

it starts with 'B', and ends with 'ollocks'!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    uhm.,..yeah

They will proabably look very much the same? 14" ? what?

• Reply 3 of 10
    Since I already asked you in the other 4 threads that you started about the same thing...I considered not wasting any more of my life to ask you again, but I will anyway. Where are your sources. You'll get flamed to death if you post something like this without backing it up.

Uhh...wait. You'll get flamed to death if you post something like this and back it up. Lose-lose either way.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Hey, you are bettafish from the macnn forums. What, when all your threads got locked up, and people explained how you don't know shit you felt like coming here to post your drivel?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by kupan787

Hey, you are bettafish from the macnn forums. What, when all your threads got locked up, and people explained how you don't know shit you felt like coming here to post your drivel?

I found these on MacNN forums and found them quite humorous. Sorry if they offended anyone. I will delete them.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    You are a pain.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chickentooth

I found these on MacNN forums and found them quite humorous. Sorry if they offended anyone. I will delete them.

Drink poison.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Well... I like dreams... And he did tell about a dream I've been having lately..

I'd take one of those 14" in a heartbeat.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Drink poison.

Haha. Don't be so hard on the guy. I kinda like this rumor

The black and blue nonsense won't fly though. We're talking about Apple here, not Dell.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

Drink poison.

Nice touch to this wonderful thread.