Looking for Icon Designers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I wanted to post this really quick on here. Defaultmind is looking for a couple icon designers for some new stuff that we are working on. There will be two uses to the icons. One will be in a web based interface and the other will be through a OS X based application.

Any interested designers please email [email protected] with APP ICON DEV in the subject line.

THANKS!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    StockIcons brought to you by the wonderful Iconfactory.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Is this payed, or just for the hell of it? I might consider...any age restrictions?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Placebo, I'd say that your age wouldn't matter, as long if your work would be good.

Btw, I found a new resource: http://www.iconkits.com/
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Is this payed, or just for the hell of it? I might consider...any age restrictions?

Remember that kid who use to post here, Michael something...(matas?)

he later went on to appear on TechTv's The screensavers' and is now working for the omni group

designing icons.

While he was here everyone gave him a lot of crap, and I think he stopped posting because of it.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Michael Matas, here on AI called michaelm8000. The people always gave him crap about his spelling.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Yeah, that's the one.

Didja catch him on the screensavers?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You can watch his segment on The Screensavers on his website:

http://www.mikematas.com/
  • Reply 8 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    damn, and i thought i did some decent icons. his stuff destroys anything i could pull off these days.

one icon he designed... i know, from the name, that it's meant for an app called "super duper," but i was thinking it would be a cool icon for "carbon copy cloner."

• Reply 9 of 13
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    yeah, he has all these sort of secrets about which product they are for. But it is easy to see if you look at the name of the image file.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It is a paid gig...and no there are no age restrictions.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Thanks for the links guys. I have some emails too.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

It is a paid gig...and no there are no age restrictions.

Shit...I would say yes, but I really don't want to promise something that I might not be able to offer. \
  • Reply 13 of 13
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, that's genuinely heartwarming and cool to see Michael doing so well. He was a nice guy and so enthusiastic. He's certainly doing well for himself!

I went to his site, read his interview, watched the video clip, etc.

I need to get my ass in gear. I've never felt so happy for someone AND like such a do-nothing loser, all at the same time.

Wait...