Model, 2, Seeks Lost Wages in Mishap

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
no, seriously...

Quote:

from yahoo news, by way of the associated press:

STAMFORD, Connecticut:

A 2-year-old model and actor who cut his head at a playground is seeking unspecified lost wages and other compensation from the city.

Konrad Mader of Greenwich was running toward a treehouse at a playground Nov. 4 when he crashed into a railing, according to a claim filed last week by his mother and reported Friday by The Advocate of Stamford. The blond toddler received several stitches.

Deena Mader, the boy's mother, did not specify how much she is seeking on behalf of her son.

In a letter to officials, she demanded compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and a "lost wage amount due to his inability to audition or take modeling or commercial jobs while his head heals."

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter color.

"This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park, " Mader wrote in her claim.

Tom Cassone, the city's director of legal affairs, said his office is investigating the claim.

Joe Falzone, a facilities manager in charge of maintaining city parks, said he is not aware of defects in the playground and there are no plans to make changes.

why do i have images of maude flanders in my head wailing "won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!?!"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    You don't because she didn't. That was the minister's wife.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Their case should be tossed out and their lawyer disbarred.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Their case should be tossed out and their lawyer disbarred.

and the kid dismembered </hannibal>
  • Reply 4 of 23
    They'll just sue for lost wages.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You don't because she didn't. That was the minister's wife.

are you sure maude never did? i could've sworn... they did that joke a few times. then again, there's like, what, 7,000 episodes? hard to keep 'em all straight.

just to keep the post on-topic, let's break it down...

Quote:

In a letter to officials, she demanded compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and a "lost wage amount due to his inability to audition or take modeling or commercial jobs while his head heals."

pain and suffering? you mean when a 2-year old hits his head, he cried a lot? yes, that happens. did they not explain this to you before the insemination procedure?

Quote:

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter color.

yes, as opposed to blaming it on the fact that 2-year-olds RUN INTO THINGS and are KLUTZES. if she didn't want her meal-ticket dinged, she should keep him in his glass display cabinet at home.

Quote:

"This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park, " Mader wrote in her claim.

yes, it would have also been preventable if there were screaming sirens whenever someone approached within 10 feet, or had lemon-yellow bumpers tacked on. or... and i wasn't there... maybe if you WATCH YOUR LITTLE BUNDLE OF EARNING POTENTIAL, instead of chatting with the afternoon model-moms and your lattes in the park to discuss the latest producer in town.

Quote:

Joe Falzone, a facilities manager in charge of maintaining city parks, said he is not aware of defects in the playground and there are no plans to make changes.

meanwhile, behind the scenes, he's laughing his ass off. mind you, if she gets a sleazeball enough of an attorney, everything in that park will be made out of foam rubber and painted day-glo yellow, just so she can drink her cuppa joe in peace.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    No need to argue, just find out.

http://www.snpp.com
  • Reply 7 of 23
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I bet the court throws out most of the claim but forces the city to repaint the railing.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I bet the court throws out most of the claim but forces the city to repaint the railing.

aw, heck, screw that. remember when we were kids, and they had the merry-go-round-of-doom!?!?!

that "activity" consisted of eleventeen children all piling on, with one older larger boy providing the speed on the outside, to spin the lot of you at mach 2, and then someone telling you to "jump on" while it was spinning.

WHACK! whump.... *** stars ***
  • Reply 9 of 23
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    One of my favorite things about the human animal is how it romanticizes horrible events.

• Reply 10 of 23
    I'm taking the mom to court for not watching her kid good enough. Pathetic what people think they can go to court over these days. Personally i think people like this should be documented and apply the 3 strikes your out rule...then toss their dumb arses in prison. The world would be a better place.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    There was the absolutely hilarous comedian recently on Comedy Central Presents (I know imagine that, funny comics there) and she had a whole nostalgia bit about playgrounds today and in the past.

I was almost in tears when she was explaining the reasoning of making large metal rocket shaped jungle gyms, surrounded by cement, with the means to climb to the top, on the OUTSIDE of them.

I remember them well... and hence, now I don't remember so well. I remember climbing to the top of one of them that had to be three stories tall. There was a jungle gym at least 15 feet tall at my elementary school growing up with absolutely no padding around it. I couldn't imagine our society tolerating such stuff today without the school owing everybody several million dollars.

Nick
  • Reply 12 of 23
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    If we're lucky the mother will be institutionalized and the child put into foster care. As screwed up as a kid could become in that scenario, it will likely be an improvement over whatever results from the mother raising the kid to adulthood. What an insecure, abusive, greedy, manipulative bitch.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I loved how dangerous playgrounds used to be.

When i was in grade school, we'd get on the swings and swing as high as possible, then let go and try to grab onto the tree branches above us. I got the wind knocked out of me constantly from landing on my back after failed attempts. There were at least 10 broken arms a year from kids trying that. Good times.

The Merry-go-round of doom was awesome too. But we'd also jump off at top speed with a group of kids surrounding us. Whoever got taken out by the kids jumping off got to ride next.

Monkey bar leg jousting... dodge ball up against a brick wall... climbing the gym ropes and grabbing onto the rafters. All good shit. Kids today are too damn babied.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    lost wages?? for 2 y old???

i didn't even know a 2 y old could work. hah. america surprises me.

i hope all the 6 y kids sewing footballs for adidas and nike etc, will follow the example any time they get hurt. THEY _DO_ get paid .. for the job. gosh.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

[...]

What kind of mum does not follow better what her 2 y old kid does? The thing was preventable, and the kid should demand compensation from his mum for letting him get hurt.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    And by the way, I meant abusive in the sense of, what kind of mother thinks it's acceptable to make their kid do any kind of work (even if it's modeling) at age two? What kind of parent thinks it acceptable to earn money by marketing their child in any way shape or form?

She needs shock therapy.

• Reply 17 of 23
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

What kind of mum does not follow better what her 2 y old kid does? The thing was preventable, and the kid should demand compensation from his mum for letting him get hurt.

How should a mom keep a 2-year-old from getting hurt? About the only thing that would work is to keep him in a padded cell.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    This kid is going to grow up with some serious problems.

Yeah, kids are stupid, they fall, some parents don't realize that having a kid grow up in a sheltered lifestyle is going to warp their mind!
  • Reply 19 of 23
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

How should a mom keep a 2-year-old from getting hurt? About the only thing that would work is to keep him in a padded cell.

I think you're proving her point.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    "mommy, why can't I be in front of the lights for a while? I want to be in front of the lights! WAHHHHH!!!"

**** the whiny bitches

EDIT: I would like to know also if anyone minded my post above, for the explicit language, as some stuff was censored, and I am just curious