decreasing the rattle on an ibook keypad

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i took my keypad off a couple of times, once to upgrade the ram, and a second time to install the airport extreme. now it seems like it's just tad-bit loose, not noticeable until you type in a certain region on the left side of the keypad, in which case it makes a barely audible rattling noise. this leads me to postulate that i may have slightly bent the keypad out of shape when removing it those two times (it has a tendency to snag in the center, near the screw lock) and it may be a little loose.

so i was thinking, what could i do to sidestep this, aside from taking it out, and bending it inward and possibly screwing it up more. maybe i could put some putty in there or something...

beh, it's not a big deal, it's mostly my paranoia.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    are you sure the keyboard is back in its place, correctly?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    The keypad is put in perfectly. I took it out again, and I think I know what the sound is from. It's around the W/E/S region, which is where the AirPort sits. I made sure the AirPort was held in there right, and it is, but not as tight as I'd like it to be, obviously since I can hear it rattle every time I type on the left side of my keyboard. Then again, it's not that loud, but it's still annoying. If I was OCD, I would have to get rid of this ibook :P