Help with iTunes gift certificate

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got a gift certificate as a late Christmas present (it didn't mail when it was supposed to). I haven't set up an account with iTunes with credit card info or anything, but I do have an AOL screenname. Is there any way to use the certificate WITHOUT creating an account and using credit card info?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by psgamer0921

I just got a gift certificate as a late Christmas present (it didn't mail when it was supposed to). I haven't set up an account with iTunes with credit card info or anything, but I do have an AOL screenname. Is there any way to use the certificate WITHOUT creating an account and using credit card info?

I have no idea, but could ya stop changing the size of the text of your posts?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yeah, we can't see the stupid font anyway...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    What the font is supposed to look like

Click here to download it (Contains .ttf (FONT) and .sit (Don't know) file)
  • Reply 4 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

What the font is supposed to look like

Click here to download it (Contains .ttf (FONT) and .sit (Don't know) file)

I have a question:

Can anyone please answer me how to do that? Oh by the way to be able to read my question you have to use safari v43 and a pair of red//purple glasses.

In other words: Why make it harder to serve you whan you want something from them? \
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Fine, Fine, I'll stop....
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Is there any way to use the certificate WITHOUT creating an account and using credit card info?

Yes.
    • Open up iTunes and go to the Music Store.

• Make sure that you are not logged in as your AOL name (Next to Account it should say Log In).

• Click the Gift Certificates link

• Click the Redeem Now button

• Enter your Gift Certificate Confirmation number

Done.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Mmm...not done

Do I need to set up credit card info and make an account FIRST?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    NO credit card info

YES to account

makes sure if it was received by email..you use that adress as the one you create account with.

according to apple you don't need to give credit card info.....but you do need to makes sure you check the deal asking where you use your computer.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Still confused....
    1. I clicked Sign In (Filled out info too)

2. It tells me to review my information

3. After the TOS page, it makes me configure an AOL wallet (If I try to make a new apple account, it still makes me put in credit card info)

(Oh yeah, and I got in the mailbox today)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    On your gift certificate, since i haven't used one does it list a user name for you? You will know you have the proper account name that it was bought for when money shows up in the box next to your name in itunes.

If the person used your email address.....you may want to try out your apple account and password if you already have one set up. If they used your real name, then try making an aol or apple account with your real name.

I know i had issues similar to you with my allowance. I was forced to put my credit card info in. It pissed me off that it worked one month and the next i had issues with it asking for credit card info.

Apple needs to improve the way these 2 thing work for sure, and their help info sucks!!!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Ok, I figured it out. There was a "None" option next to credit card choice, so I went on to fill out Name, address, city, etc.