Special Edition iMac---MWSF? 20th Anniversary?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, so Apple just released the new 20" iMac and for the most part it looks great...

But people are speculating that January 6th will bring a G5 chip to the iMac...

Not to give or take credit away from this rumor but I feel that a more realistic outcome would be a special edition 20" iMac with bluetooth and airport extreme built in, cordless mouse and keyboard standard with maybe a small upgrade in the internal ram to 512. This new iMac SE will sell for a small increase over the current base unit ($2299) but it will be the ONLY way to get a 20" iMac... Possible color addition as well to coincide with the 'mini' iPods?

I think it would be a nice addition to the line... and would actually save money for those people who are looking to get the wireless keyboard and mouse for the top of the line iMac in addition to not "wasting" the corded variations that currently are bundled with it.

is this idea any less probable then any other thread in this forum? I feel that this is a natural extension to the iMac line and will happen sooner or later...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I don't think that a bluetooth keyboard will come standard with any Apple computers. I think I read somewhere that you need a standard keyboard to set up the computer to work with the wireless one, therefore you still need a USB keyboard as well as the bluetooth keyboard.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

I don't think that a bluetooth keyboard will come standard with any Apple computers. I think I read somewhere that you need a standard keyboard to set up the computer to work with the wireless one, therefore you still need a USB keyboard as well as the bluetooth keyboard.

Apple could set up the computer to use it itself. But that's not the point. Apple have not previously done well with special edition computers, last time they did something different, very different (the Cube), the Apple market wasn't ready and it was a flop, and a computer as you described would not be radical enough. Apple will probably just leave it as an Ipod announcement.