Chrysler Crossfire

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Saw a Chrysler Crossfire parked outside a coffeeshop/bookstand this evening. Very nice.

Anybody else have thoughts about this car?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Saw a Chrysler Crossfire parked outside a coffeeshop/bookstand this evening. Very nice.

Anybody else have thoughts about this car?

I think it's a good design effort on the exterior, but I hear it needs a bit more power underneath. Glad to see Chrysler going back to edgier designs after flirthing with bulbous nonsense.
  • Reply 2 of 57
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I think it's a good design effort on the exterior, but I hear it needs a bit more power underneath. Glad to see Chrysler going back to edgier designs after flirthing with bulbous nonsense.

They really have some great designers there, I find myself attracted to a lot of their models. I love their use of chrome and gold. I am not usually attracted to gold, but they do it very well, IMO.
  • Reply 3 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    A link would be nice.
  • Reply 4 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

A link would be nice.

That front grill looks kinda like the cady front end that has been around awhile, but other than that very nice.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That's nice, but so is the new BMW 645Ci.

• Reply 6 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

That is a cool twist for BMW, I like the front end.
  • Reply 7 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

That front grill looks kinda like the cady front end that has been around awhile, but other than that very nice.

You mean this one.

Lets see.

and

• Reply 8 of 57
    Eh,..... maybe if you hold your tongue to the right between your teeth and squint a little...
  • Reply 9 of 57
    All cars are looking the same to me these days. You ever see that car commercial where everyone is driving a cardboard box. Then the family comes down the street in a car that looks oh so different ... a four door sliver mid-sized sedan So original.
  • Reply 10 of 57
    Quote:

All cars are looking the same to me these days. You ever see that car commercial where everyone is driving a cardboard box. Then the family comes down the street in a car that looks oh so different ... a four door sliver mid-sized sedan So original.

cars? you mean SUVs...
  • Reply 11 of 57
    Quote:

One car i really like and plan to buy is the Honda Element. I have an 86 civic that I keep saying "when it breaks down I will get a new car"... well 236000+ miles and it is still going. I would love to buy US but that is quality.
  • Reply 12 of 57
    I think the rear looks weird, but I'm generally not into boldly unusual designs. The front is nice, though. I agree the exterior looks really beg for an engine with greater aspirations for reckless abandon.
  • Reply 13 of 57
    Has the Crossfire been designated as a guy car or a chick car yet?
  • Reply 14 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Has the Crossfire been designated as a guy car or a chick car yet?

I would guess it's a "midlife crisis man car for those who can't afford a German import"
  • Reply 15 of 57
    Quote:

http://www.fast-autos.net/bmw/645ci.jpg

PONTIAC EXCITEMENT!
  • Reply 16 of 57
    SMACKDOWN!

• Reply 17 of 57
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

I'm waiting for the M6.

• Reply 18 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

One car i really like and plan to buy is the Honda Element. I have an 86 civic that I keep saying "when it breaks down I will get a new car"... well 236000+ miles and it is still going. I would love to buy US but that is quality.

If your waiting for that thing to break down, your gonna be driving it for a loooong time. Honda's don't break down. A buddy of mine had one that he got up to 900,000+ miles before he finally decided it was just time for a new car. The thing still ran great. The element is cool though.

And that BMW is amazing...wow, I would love a car like that.
  • Reply 19 of 57
    thanks for nothing mercedes...
  • Reply 20 of 57
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    The Crossfire is a cool car. The interior looks a bit cheap in some areas but for the most part it is pretty nice. It's cousin is the Mercedes SLK. That is to say that underneath the sheetmetal is a lot of MB.

Recently Chrysler has been going up as far as interior build quality and that is all thanks to the Daimler merger. Thank god for that.

As far as the BMW goes...Chris Bengel needs to get killed slowly. He took one the most amazing German brands and ran it through a crapper. I really dislike the new direction that BMW is going in. A lot of people seem to agree. The 7 Series is going through a redesign of the back end for the 2005 model year. That is only 3 years into the new body style which is sorta unheard of. The from of the 6 Series looks ok but i ABSOLUTELY HATE the rear styling. That is my 2 cents on it.