PACKERS IN THE PLAYOFFS (via an amazing series of events)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
WOW what a GAME!!! Pack scores 31 points to the Bronco's 3 with two touchdowns in 8 SECONDS, and with the help of a last second Cardinals win, WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    i'm stunned. go green bay!
  • Reply 2 of 20
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    that call was complete ****ing bullshit.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    It all seems so fitting, Brett's mesmorizing performance on Monday night, now this, what's next?
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

It all seems so fitting, Brett's mesmorizing performance on Monday night, now this, what's next?

Why...a Super Bowl victory of course
  • Reply 5 of 20
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I knew Green Bay would do it!

Looks like I got all the players right, though I swapped Seattle/St. Louis and Tennessee/Indianapolis.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    This Vikings fan will go on record as saying the Vikings did not deserve to go to the playoffs this year. They laid down like dogs the last two-thirds of the season, going 3-7 after their 6-0 start.

As annoying as I find the Packers and their fans, it's tough not to like Brett Favre as a player, and I hope they have a good playoff run.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    GO PATRIOTS!

Gotta love the homefield advantage and a first week bye!
  • Reply 8 of 20
    I would like to add nothing useful at all to this thread by saying: I hate the Packers and they will not win the super bowl.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I would like to add nothing useful at all to this thread by saying: I hate the Packers and they will not win the super bowl.

Spoken like a true Bears fan and I suppose that you sent a death threat to Steve Bartman as well...

Sorry that your team has sucked so badly for most of the past twelve years, but you can't blame the Packers it. I must admit as a Packers fan that they have embarassed the Bears a lot during that time span and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

You do have something to look forward to though. Many of the Bears rookies have looked pretty good this season, especially in that game against Minnesota, so I expect the Bears to play much better next year, unless they terminate Jauron.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    forget the hating cheese stuff..... there is not a team in the nfc north that is better than mediocre. The only chance the cheese farts have is Brett, and he is a great player. But, they will go down just as quickly as any other team from this lame-ass division would have.

From a bitter Bears Fan, Randy
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue master

Spoken like a true Bears fan and I suppose that you sent a death threat to Steve Bartman as well...

Sorry that your team has sucked so badly for most of the past twelve years, but you can't blame the Packers it. I must admit as a Packers fan that they have embarassed the Bears a lot during that time span and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

You do have something to look forward to though. Many of the Bears rookies have looked pretty good this season, especially in that game against Minnesota, so I expect the Bears to play much better next year, unless they terminate Jauron.

I remember the 12 years before the bears downfall, the owned the cheese farts just the same, and I relished every minute of it. back then I thought the cheese farts would never win more than 3 or 4 games a year, they sucked so bad that I thought that the nfl would send them to Canada's league.

and the Bears need to fire D.J today. He is a really nice guy, but his record is all I have to look at to make that decision.

Randy
  • Reply 12 of 20
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    How about Steve Spurrier in Wash. Oh My God...he won TWO division games in two years. hahahahahaha. Buh-bye.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

I remember the 12 years before the bears downfall, the owned the cheese farts just the same, and I relished every minute of it. back then I thought the cheese farts would never win more than 3 or 4 games a year, they sucked so bad that I thought that the nfl would send them to Canada's league.

and the Bears need to fire D.J today. He is a really nice guy, but his record is all I have to look at to make that decision.

Randy

The 80's were very painful for Packers fans like myself. Although they had a good player here and there, they were pretty bad. I came to dislike the Bears during that time because of Mike Ditka and Jim McMahon. I have always liked Ditka as a coach, but didn't like it when he played against the Packers. The main reason is that he liked to run up the score against the Packers. I really can't say if the way the 80's Bears embarassed the Packers is any better or worse than the way the current Packers have embarassed the Bears, but I don't think that there are any significant grudges between the current teams as there was in the 80's.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    mcsjgsmcsjgs Posts: 244member
    How 'bout them Rams!
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

How about Steve Spurrier in Wash. Oh My God...he won TWO division games in two years. hahahahahaha. Buh-bye.

Spurrier's probably not going anywhere. He's still owed $15 million!

Listening to ESPN radio last night this guy was saying that teams with the hottest defense go to the conference championship and/or Super Bowl. This has been a solid predictor in recent years. He's predicting New England and either Philly or Green Bay in the Super Bowl. Baltimore's the other team with a hot defense but he says they don't get past New England.

The Niners are outside with their faces pressed up against the glass. I got to pick someone else to root for now. It'll either be the Packers or the Patriots.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue master

I expect the Bears to play much better next year, unless they terminate Jauron.

TERMINATED!

The Bears' official Web site says, "The Bears have scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. today to announce the firing of head coach Dick Jauron." Well, guys, I think that's already been pretty much taken care of!
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by CaseCom

TERMINATED!

The Bears' official Web site says, "The Bears have scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. today to announce the firing of head coach Dick Jauron." Well, guys, I think that's already been pretty much taken care of!

the bears are probably the worst run franchise in the NFL, possibly all of sports.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

i love spurrier and all he did for my gators all those years, but with regards to that billionaire prick dan snyder, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zaphod_beeblebrox

Listening to ESPN radio last night this guy was saying that teams with the hottest defense go to the conference championship and/or Super Bowl. This has been a solid predictor in recent years.

Wow, defense wins championships? Who knew!

(go Devils!)
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Wow, defense wins championships? Who knew!

I know; I know. But he was talking about hottest defenses - the best defenses down the stretch run. The Cowboys have a good defense too - on the season better than the Packers - but down the stretch the Packers have been better. Which is why he choose the Packers to be a possible Super Bowl team and not the Cowboys who put up better numbers on the season. Of course Dallas' offense was pretty anemic too.