2.1 speakers purchase advise

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I'm looking for 2.1 speakers for my iBook. I'm looking at price around $50.

Was looking at the Altec Lansing 2100 but looks like quite a few people are unhappy with em.

How are the Creative inspire T2900?

I need some recommendations.

Thanks,

Steve.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I haven't had experience with those speakers, but I can't recommend the ATP3?s enough.

http://www.altecmm.com/product_detai...pID=ATP3&sID=2

As far as computer speakers go, these are really top-notch. We've boughten two sets at our house- one set about four years ago, and one set last year. For the price, they're excellent quality, and I find they've got a great balance of lows, mids, and highs. You really can't go wrong with them.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I've got the logitech z340 or something like that and I LOVE them!

They were cheap, small, decent looking, and sound great!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Well, thanks for the suggestions.

If anyone can compare certain models, that would be great.

Just to clarify: I'm a Classical music guy and I have quite a good ear since I've been playing piano for quite some time. Now, as a result I'm rather picky when it comes to speakers.

Anyone similar to me with speakers they like?

many thanks,

Steve.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I can only speak of the altec lansing 2100 : i am really happy with these HP.

The sound is good and the sattelites are small.

I don't think that the Harman Kardon sound stiks and i sub are better (i own both).

For the classical music thing, i understand, we tend to appreciate clear and transparent sound, opposed ot heavy sound.

For music i appreciate my custom build coaxial HP, connected to my rega elex amplificator. It's only a 2 way system, but i take it anyday against most of 5 ways systems.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    If you want 2.1 multimedia speakers look good and don't cost much, go with the Hercules XPS 210.

They sound alright... not alright as in "ooohhhh the bass makes my techno music shake the windows", but alright as in clean enough for listening to music or movies. Probably the best out of any speakers mentioned here...

Barto
  • Reply 6 of 11
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Was looking at the Altec Lansing 2100 but looks like quite a few people are unhappy with em.

I have those and I like them. Why dont you go to a store and have a listen as everyone's tastes are different. I saw that the AL2100 speakers are about $80 at Amazon. I think that if it is down between the Creative and AL buy the AL since they are more expensive, thus should sound better...

go here and see 27 reviews about the AL speakers

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...nics&n=1091254
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lain

I have those and I like them. Why dont you go to a store and have a listen as everyone's tastes are different. I saw that the AL2100 speakers are about $80 at Amazon. I think that if it is down between the Creative and AL buy the AL since they are more expensive, thus should sound better...

go here and see 27 reviews about the AL speakers

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...nics&n=1091254

Actually Best Buy sells the AL 2100 for 49 bucks. Not a bad deal
  • Reply 8 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Creatures are awesome. Get 'em for $80 on Provantage.com. And they actually look good, in addition to having awesome sound.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Ok, I just ordered.

Went for the 90 bucks yamaha MS50 bought on buy.com

hope this is good.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Ok, I just ordered.

Went for the 90 bucks yamaha MS50 bought on buy.com

hope this is good.

I hope so too. Looks like you onto something good though, they have good reviews.

Let us know how what you think of them when they arrive.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    buy.com is evil... proof? buymusic.com