Minipod Mockup Pic

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Someone posted these on Thinksecret (didn't exactly say whether they were fake or not) but think it's really cool.

Some more mockups on the guy's site:Click here Some of them are really cool looking

Comments

• Reply 1 of 84
    The one above looks plausible...but I dont think the other designs have a hope in hell. Then again these are probably just "guesses" at what the new mini-ipods will be like...but not bad...
  • Reply 2 of 84
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'd make the "uPod" screen taller to include about 4 or five lines, but otherwise it's not bad.
  • Reply 3 of 84
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    Yeah, it looks really good and plausible, I know I'd buy one for $99.
  • Reply 4 of 84
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think the display would fill the device.
  • Reply 5 of 84
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I say no way in hell apple would try to have you navigate hundreds of songs with a 2 line screen. The currenty display is pretty good...not too much, not too little.
  • Reply 6 of 84
    I think 4 lines would be good enough, non?
  • Reply 7 of 84
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    what do you mean fake or not?

where is the battery display, there always has to be a battery display,,, they are fake, I will put 20 credits on it.
  • Reply 8 of 84
    The battery display could be those 4 little green dots..that would be pretty cool
  • Reply 9 of 84
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG3

The battery display could be those 4 little green dots..that would be pretty cool

true, a PB battery method would be pretty bad ass
  • Reply 10 of 84
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Mega fake. The gradient and all the lines are obviously done in a drawing program, and no way Apple would use that 2x2 button interface.
  • Reply 11 of 84
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Mega fake. The gradient and all the lines are obviously done in a drawing program, and no way Apple would use that 2x2 button interface.

Did you even read the thread title?

Quote:

Minipod Mockup Pic

• Reply 12 of 84
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    It certainly looks FLASH based.
  • Reply 13 of 84
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Haha I wasn't saying it was a question of wheather it's real, I was just saying apple would never do something like that. I hope their minipod is just as easy to use with one hand...because that thing wouldn't be.
  • Reply 14 of 84
    Regarding the picture in the opening post, wouldn't Dell bust on Apple for stealing the thumb-wheel from their jukebox?
  • Reply 15 of 84
    And sony would bust on them for stealing it from every piece of crap they make...
  • Reply 16 of 84
    I don't want to alert anyone now, but I think these pics are a FAKE!

hehe. I saw all the pics on that guy's mock-up website. I liked the one where the screen covers the whole face of the iPod. That way you can set the buttons to your liking, nice idea me says.

I wonder if Apple will change the overall form factor of the iPod, once (and if) they release these new miniPods. The uPod is sweet.
  • Reply 17 of 84
    ^^^^

The only problem with that one is that the screen would get SO dirty. I know I wouldn't want something like that.

Here's another really good mockup:

MiniPod
  • Reply 18 of 84
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    PBG3, just about to post this, when I followed your link. Pretty close to this, but the right-hand-side scroll pad (?) would nudge the screen too much to the upper left of the Minipod. Here's my quickie; notice the "Menu" button replaced with the up-and-down arrows for scrolling (think toggle up for up and toggle down for down):

• Reply 19 of 84
    coscos Posts: 99member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

PBG3, just about to post this, when I followed your link. Pretty close to this, but the right-hand-side scroll pad (?) would nudge the screen too much to the upper left of the Minipod. Here's my quickie; notice the "Menu" button replaced with the up-and-down arrows for scrolling (think toggle up for up and toggle down for down):

How would you differentiate between up and down?
  • Reply 20 of 84
    ^^

I really like it.

Here are some more mockups:

MiniPod MiniPod2