Beware! Almanac carriers dangerous!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://salon.com/news/wire/2003/12/29/fbi/index.html

Report any almanac toting humans you see to your local police or better yet, the FBI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    gosh, i hope the terrorists don't read this (or see when they reported it on cnn), or else they might HIDE their almanacs, and then we're ALL screwed!

sorry, i had a need to be really sarcastic there.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I've just started calling Ashcroft's cell phone every time I see a brown person.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I KNEW those farmers were up to something!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member

Man, I knew all those geezers in their John Deere caps and Pioneer Seed Corn jackets I see around here were up to something.

The publisher of the Old Farmers Almanac seems to have his tongue at least a little in cheek with this quote from the article:

"While we doubt that our editorial content would be of particular interest to people who would wish to do us harm, we will certainly cooperate to the fullest with national authorities at any level they deem appropriate."

Jeff

Edit-Damn, Scott got in before me!
  • Reply 5 of 17
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    What about the Guinness Book of World Records? Is that OK?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Oh shit! They know! The plan is ruined!

*runs off to tell murbot*
  • Reply 7 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Better tell Grandma to leave the terrorist handbook... err.. almanac at home next time she flies in.

• Reply 8 of 17
    I'd be more worried about those terrorists driving around with those detailed documents that explain where roads and major buildings are.

Y'know: MAPS!

It's time to have the govt regulate all information so that we can be sure that only those who deserve it get it. Nothing good ever comes from people who voluntarily read anything. Reading leads to thinking.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    I should start carrying a pitchfork in one hand, dressed all in black, and carrying the almanac high above my head. See how long I'll go without someone stopping me
  • Reply 10 of 17
    This is hysterical to me because one of the gifts my Mom gave me was a 2004 Almanac for Christmas!!!!!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    its a good thing benjamin franklin isnt around...
  • Reply 12 of 17
    yeah, yuck it up you anti-amrcans!

but when you get blowed up by a almanac totin' terrorist you'll wish you'd heeded john's advice.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well you know who would have thought a half dozen box cutters could take down 220 stories and kill 3000 people?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    yeah, i am going to go there...

Scott, obviously someone did.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    dear god, i got an almanac for xmas!

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

dear god, i got an almanac for xmas!

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

WE KNOW, WE KNOW.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    the weather at gitmo is very similar to louisiana.