Movie you're most looking forward to in 2004?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    After seeing the Passion of Christ trailer, it initially reminded me of Jesus of Nazareth. Hopefully the actor playing Jesus will not be blue eyed and Scandinavian looking.
  • Reply 42 of 60
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    placebo, hate to tell you this, but paycheck came out xmas day 2003, and is disqualified.

the only movie i am truly in anticipation fo is the incredibles, just because it seems they may do a completely over-the-top comedy (as opposed to a moral story in addition) to compete with shrek 2 (i guarantee steve has said "we will NOT lose the oscar to that farting, snot-joke piece of crap celluloid AGAIN!"). it might make for a thinner plot, but if i laugh my ass off, that's fine by me.

spider-man 2, only because i like how they seem to portray doc ock (better than the green goblin).

troy -- well, we'll see. my wife's into the classics alongside her english degree, and i took SIX years of latin from 7th grade through second year college, so anything with homer i gotta see (though i want to see an odyssey movie more).

hellboy looks surprisingly good, if only because i could not think of a better person visually to cast for the role than ron perlman (and i like ron perlman).

i hope the butterfly effect ENDS ashton kutcher's 15 minutes of fame already. sheesh.

my wife is also horrified to hear that bruckheimer has the reins of a king arthur movie. watch him cast will smith in the role of sir gawain... ugh.

i forgot all about kill bill vol. 2. defintitely will see that one.

sky captain, man i think jolie can be hot at times, but her delivering those lines from behind an eyepatch just OOOOOZES cheese. yech. i'll wait for the reviews on that movie.

anyone seen the preview for monster? if you drool over thoughts of charlize theron like i do, go view the trailer, and keep in mind, behind all that makeup, it's HER... in a butch lesbian counter role to her underage lesbian redneck lover christina ricci. go ahead. the trailer's on apple's site. what, you think i can make that up on my own???

i can't believe star wars episode iii will take ANOTHER year. is this all editing or what? the actors have wrapped for like MONTHS, and half of them have given away major plot points in interviews already. at this rate, there won't be anythign left.

big fish seems oddly drug-induced, but then again, tim burton seems oddly drug-induced. i just hope it's as good as some of his previous flicks.

i'm sorry, i WANT to love alien vs. predator... i really do. but they have thrown out any continuity with either the comic or the movie and just kinda struck out on their own. that's fine, except a large number of the fans will be fans of either a.) the movies or b.) the comics books or c.) both, so it seems like you'd want to try to hold to that somewhat. (but then again, that doesn't explain predator 2).

and there are constant, persistent rumors of the following comic book movies from dc, who is DESPERATE to steal some of marvel's thunder now...

batman 5 (viggo mortensen has been approached for the role of the lead villain)

batman vs. superman, but they've re-written the script so many times, i doubt this will EVER see the light of day.

the new superman trilogy

and, yes, green lantern. well, there's a script being shopped around, so sayeth my friend in l.a., but so has iron man, and that still hasn't been cast yet.

aplogies for any typos... i wrote this without my glasses, so i did my best. 8)
  • Reply 43 of 60
    monster is already out. so is big fish.

she's already nominated for a golden globe,

and she's being touted heavily for an oscar nominationn.
  • Reply 44 of 60
    Looking for Underworld 2 to begin production. Crossing my fingers.

Vamp Beckinsale is so fizzin hot.
  • Reply 45 of 60
    The Passion of The Christ
  • Reply 46 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Looking for Underworld 2 to begin production. Crossing my fingers.

Vamp Beckinsale is so fizzin hot.

i do agree that Beckinsale is hot, but in the few interviews i heard from her, she is utterly vacant between the ears. and after underworld, she seems to have this fetish with growing her hair. it was if for every inch of hair she grew, she lost 10 IQ points.

anyway, yes, it's judgemental of me to say that, but she could barely carry an interview conversation on either the daily show or e! television.
  • Reply 47 of 60
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why does everyone like Spiderman so much? Then again I hated Gladiator. is it just me or are they apalling boring? Good cast and effects though. I think this whole Spiderman hardon is because we're overdue for a new Batman or James Bond movie...In fact there hasn't been a really good Bond since Golden Eye.

Quote:

Mad-Max 4 (HELL YEAH BABY!)

damn right! That and Shrek 2!

Quote:

well, the movie of 2005: the pirates of the caribbean 2.

Hells yea! Admit it though you just think Johny Depp and Orlano bloom are hot. I hear enough of that from my roommate's gf. Gah I think even half the guys who like the movie have a mancrush thing going on.

bunge that sounds like it would be great. Like AvP. Hmm, something you'd want to love at least. Have you considered a career in the field?

Star Wars III Better not suck!!! Did the acting finally not suck? I liked how they finally added some humor back in II and some great action toward the end, and Christopher Lee who plays Saruman with a lightsaber instead of a sword (think about it, it's almost the same role) can do no wrong. However the acting was so corny, and III is a linchpin. Instead of turning to evil Darth Vader it seemed like Anakin had an acute case of PMS the whole movie.

I keep hearing they are making Indiana Jones 4, is tha true and will they use Harrison Ford? I mean hell they pulled Sean Connery out for League of Extraordinary Gentleman which I want to see sometime. Big Fish looks good too.
  • Reply 48 of 60
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Sky Captain is using the same music as Stargate SG1. All that money and they can't get new music?
  • Reply 49 of 60
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Sky Captain is using the same music as Stargate SG1. All that money and they can't get new music?

LoTR used the music from Requiem for a Dream in the trailers.
  • Reply 50 of 60
    music in trailers is rarely from the movie, as they're usually being put together at the same time.

the trailer and the soundtrack that is.

at least they don't use MARS: Bringer of War or randy newman's score from The Natural.

for a while those seemed to be in every trailer.
  • Reply 51 of 60
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

When in the heck is Episode III supposed to come out?

Can't Lucas just release the damn thing and let us thirty-something geeks get on with our lives again?

• Reply 52 of 60
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

It's called trailer music.

Trailer music often isn't from the movie because 1) the music isn't done yet and 2) it's used for associative purposes.

Plus the Stargate theme rocks.
  • Reply 53 of 60
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

I keep hearing they are making Indiana Jones 4, is tha true and will they use Harrison Ford? I mean hell they pulled Sean Connery out for League of Extraordinary Gentleman which I want to see sometime. Big Fish looks good too.

Indy 4 won't be out in '04, that's for sure. It's still in scripting.

And LXG was downright awful.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Indy 4 won't be out in '04, that's for sure. It's still in scripting.

And LXG was downright awful.

Yeah, I don't really want to see that movie again. At all. Ever.
  • Reply 55 of 60
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i tend not to look forward to movies. the only times i knew they were coming out were (a) the star wars, because lucas numbered them (for whatever reason starting with IV), (2) i didn't know about matrix2 until it was nearly out, but i heard shortly after that mat3 was coming, and (iii) the LOTR, since, knowing a little about this story, it is a trilogy in (and after finishing all seventeen hours of the first one, my brother informed me that that wasn't the whole thing. that there are 2 more books, which would probably have flicks).

but, contrary to my first paragraph, i did hear about one movie currently in production (or possibly still pre-production). i don't think it'll be out in '04, but the movie i'm most anticipating is 'rum diaries,' a semi-nonfiction prequil to F&LiLV (by the psychonaut H.S. Thompson, Doctor of Journalism). This is from before he started "Gonzo Journalism" (aka "Literary Cubism"). before he became a seasoned tripper too, i think. I believe Depp will again play the protaganist, but Del Torro will not do his character again, instead (iirc) electing to direct. (i may be misremembering this. it's either his directoral debut, or his executive-producing debut. one or the other, or possibly some combination of the too).

[big fish, as noted by others, is already out. i saw it. its ok. a bit more somber than i expected, but playful enough i suppose.]
  • Reply 56 of 60
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Harry Potter: Azkhaban (sue me again)

No need to feel guilty about it. Alfonso Cuaron and Gary Oldman are two great reasons to see it.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Dogville

Girl with a Pearl Earring

The Dreamers (Bertolucci's latest)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Blade: Trinity
  • Reply 58 of 60
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Lord of the Rings Prequel: The Hobbit.

please no. that would ruin the trilogy (*cough cough* star wars....)

anyways, spider-man 2, return of the king box set, harry potter (sorta, im not a huge fan, but the movies are worth their time i guess), and the incredibles (pixar ) in november. i hope its as good as nemo...
  • Reply 59 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Why does everyone like Spiderman so much? Then again I hated Gladiator. is it just me or are they apalling boring? Good cast and effects though. I think this whole Spiderman hardon is because we're overdue for a new Batman or James Bond movie...In fact there hasn't been a really good Bond since Golden Eye.

nope. it was that all spider-man fans were worried that they would ruin the character's one chance on the big screen. and thankfully, they didn't. sometimes it helps to have really low expectations.

Quote:

damn right! That and Shrek 2!

speaking of inexplicable hard-ons, i don't get why people want to see shrek 2 so much. it was cute. that was it.

Quote:

Star Wars III Better not suck!!! Did the acting finally not suck? I liked how they finally added some humor back in II and some great action toward the end, and Christopher Lee who plays Saruman with a lightsaber instead of a sword (think about it, it's almost the same role) can do no wrong. However the acting was so corny, and III is a linchpin. Instead of turning to evil Darth Vader it seemed like Anakin had an acute case of PMS the whole movie.

i'm not sure anything can help the prequel trilogy anymore. they've taken over-acting into the stratosphere, with plot points that defy logic. one can always hope episode iii will bring it all together -- heck, having james earl jones in any capacity will automatically increase the overall acting quality tenfold.

Quote:

yes, ford will play indy. as he said in a recent interview, it will simply be years after the last movie. so rather than trying to do some makeup magic, they'll just make him an older indiana jones.
  • Reply 60 of 60
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Anything with a great script, which doesn't rely on instant gratification special FX