prenatal iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My wife is using iTunes to play Mozart for our as yet to be born kid. We don't know if s/he likes it or not but we get a big reaction.

New marketing for angle for apple? iPods for the unborn?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Congrats on the baby, but you know that Mozart effect crap is, well, crap, right?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

My wife is using iTunes to play Mozart for our as yet to be born kid. We don't know if s/he likes it or not but we get a big reaction.

New marketing for angle for apple? iPods for the unborn?

Uh! Wait it gets better. When they're born and a bit bigger, they'll do anything, ANYTHING, just to be near an iPod. Let them touch it, and they're yours. You OWN the little blighters. It's a whole new era in child control.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    The Mozart thing isn't crap! It's really true! I grew up listening to mostly classical music (not just Mozart) and I'm a genius. Keep the baby jammin to the classical stuff. Not only will it make him/her smarter, but it will expand his/her taste in music. Anything we can do to keep classical music alive is awesome. It is so under appreciated. Congrats on the new child though. Hope God blesses your family.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Mozart?!? Play some Stravinsky for that child!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Mozart?!? Play some Stravinsky for that child!

wait a tick - you want to soothe the kid... not torment him/her. (j/k)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Fine then, steve reich
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Fine then, steve reich

Great - I can just see the kid at preschool now:

"OK children - let's all clap in time to this four-four rhythm."

The kid will start off fine with every other child, but then slowly - almost imperceptibly - he or she will begin to drift out of time... sheeesh!