'Garage Band' - Confirmed! (officially, now)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 245
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Maybe the iTMS will have a section created in it for "the rest of us" in which any "garage band" can upload their music for maybe a low yearly fee...it would be a very Apple thing to do.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.
  • Reply 22 of 245
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

There will always be thieves, but there are fewer thieves when legit purchasing has more value than stealing. It's not all or nothing.

I agree with that. But try as I might I can't see that any of the existing online music services offer that amount of value. They might flourish for a while but they won't survive in the long run in their current form. Strip away the hype and what you've got is a music store - online. And when the novelty wears off and people realise it's more of the same old same old, the music industry's going to find itself right back where it is at the moment. Screwed.
  • Reply 23 of 245
    Another interesting question associated with this is: will they produce companion hardware (as they did with ichat av in the form of the isight)? Will there be a low-cost, reasonably high quality usb/firewire audio interface box coming out of apple?

God knows, the kind of "mixing" you'd get out of the 1-channel inbuilt audio would be mildly distressing, to say the least.

Perhaps they'll encourage people to buy emagic's product, tho'.
  • Reply 24 of 245
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    They should find a way to integrate this type of technology into it:

http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=805
  • Reply 25 of 245
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebrie

Yeah, but they'd have to rename it iBritney.
  • Reply 26 of 245
    I keep wondering if "Garage Band" could be the name of software to help small groups to get their music onto the iTunes Music store. I don't have any real reason to believe it, just thought I would toss it out there.
  • Reply 27 of 245
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    I have a feeling this is going to be the iTunes version of MP3.com, where anyone can put up their music for sale/download.

Mixing software would be cool (especially if it's as flexible/better than Mixman), but I just don't see it. Of course, I'd love a "Sountrack Lite" so I'd love it if GB actually is that...
  • Reply 28 of 245
    CONFIRMED!
  • Reply 29 of 245
    Aye, fixing title to match. Confirmed indeed.
  • Reply 30 of 245
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebrie

Ewww guess you haven't listened to the demos.
  • Reply 31 of 245
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I hope is has ReWire so I can use it with Reason. It looks pretty good, though. Especially considering it's either going to be free or part of iLife.. either way, it's a nice bonus app.
  • Reply 32 of 245
    Well, since this is now officially part of "iLife 04", it belongs in the Digital Hub forum. Moving now...

OMFG $49 for the whole thing, all of iLife 04. WOW.
  • Reply 33 of 245
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey MS: pwn3d!

Seriously, the new iLife suite looks pretty sweet. Happy about the improved iPhoto capacity and speed especially, and garage band is going to be a lot of fun to play with. I'm all over it.
  • Reply 34 of 245
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Wow. Totally surprised by Garage Band as an iLife app. Curious to me anyway.
  • Reply 35 of 245
    WOW $49 is crazy. I was hoping for $99 thinking $129 could be justified. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
  • Reply 36 of 245
    wow, to me this is the best MW ever. Being a musician and seeing the price tag for ilife with garage band I am blown away....a tear.

new ipods look sweet also. All of us together now....APPLE RULES
  • Reply 37 of 245
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Did anyone notice how the new GarageBand app actually sported a new look? Last year AI reported on a new "brushed metal" appearance that was supposed to be darker, I guess that might have been it... It looked even more horrible in my eyes...
  • Reply 38 of 245
    good job apple. way to please the minority of the minorities.
  • Reply 39 of 245
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    _Alliance_

"If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

Black is soooo funny!!
  • Reply 40 of 245
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

good job apple. way to please the minority of the minorities.

Yep. 1/2 of US households. Pretty small minority.