The Great Murbot Giveway of 2004 (now with saddening prize reduction info)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Giaguara!!

Damn, sorry about that. Posted this in too much of a rush. I even have a nude photo of you, and I go and do that... sorry.

Anders you bastard, I'll top you. I'll also include a white Apple sticker complete with signature, and a video of me signing the sticker too! Ha!

It'll be worth something some day.

Hey, I will wear only the Apple sticker (and maybe the ram? ) and you will see more pictures ... .. and once I'll install the RAM to my cousin's laptop you may see even pics of her wearing the RAM .. with or without the laptop ..
  • Reply 22 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

will this So-Dimm work?

I thought that the 66 bus on those models were a different design then their 100+speed cousins

Yes it will work... the standard SO-DIMM that shipped with the iMac (rev.D model) was PC100,

Also while the CPU may only breath 66mhz, devices with DMA feel the extra 33mhz of room.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    After I've moved and I'm reorganized I'll do a profile but in the meantime murbot....

1. I'm female too

2. I think you're the funniest person around here who realises how funny they are

3. I think mrs murbot sounds like a wonderful woman

4. I don't want your sticks but thanks for the offer

5. Anders due to geographical limitations I can't help you with the iPod but as my real surname is Newton (what can I say, some people are born lucky), I think you should just give your Newton to me.

Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

It will probably be best suited for someone who know Newtons.

I know lots of Newtons. And you probably won't believe it but I have an Uncle Isaac (it's true, I swear).
  • Reply 24 of 58
    formatc2formatc2 Posts: 176member
    Something is happening here, and I'm getting a little worried. But first, let me pose you a question: Is Murbot actually concerned about any of us, or does he just want to subvert existing lines of power and information? After reading this post, you'll honestly find it's the latter.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of individuals and organizations, many of whom may seem innocent at first glance, who secretly want to make our lives a living hell. Now, lest you jump to the conclusion that his communications can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality, I assure you that his sound bites all stem from one, simple, faulty premise -- that his blessing is the equivalent of a papal imprimatur. Let us now create greater public understanding of the damage caused by Murbot's objectives, because in that is our only hope for the future.

Aren't Internet letter generators grand?
  • Reply 25 of 58
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Murbot...

What a complete f*** up. I've never loathed anyone I've never met before. It's almost like grudges are held against you for creating, or at least participating in a thread made about how annoying I was in the Moderators whatever. Simply put, your sucking at life is only

preceded by your sucking at life.

ok too long...

What a complete waste of air and food. For the moderators only thread against me, I think your failure at life is only preceded by your complete failure at life.

Exactly 30!

Oh and by the way, that may have sounded harsh but perhaps you've heard of the psychology term Reaction Formation where you turn your feelings into their opposites as a defense mechanism. So what do you say, screw the ram, I want signed apple sticker and video of you signing it. I will then have the greatest Apple collectable of all times!
  • Reply 26 of 58
    However, I'm still good for the RAM.
  • Reply 27 of 58
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Whoa, all quality responses. I may have a really hard time not going for the nude photo offers... heh heh

Do you have an iSight, Giguara?

• Reply 28 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

Hey, I will wear only the Apple sticker (and maybe the ram? ) and you will see more pictures ... .. and once I'll install the RAM to my cousin's laptop you may see even pics of her wearing the RAM .. with or without the laptop ..

How can I compeat with this?

I will have a picture taken with me (and a few friends) streaking down a very busy street here in Toronto (like the Danforth around dinner time) with the sticker on my ass. and the ram in hand. Yes, just the sticker and a pair of shoes. We do it quite often (drunk party thing) and we got the last time (NewYearsEve) on tape. I'm not joking.
  • Reply 29 of 58
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    So speaketh Murbot, a verse:

This is the last, I dare to say,

at least the last I'll buy today.

For what was new err time ago

is fast becoming old and slow.

I take my leave, a beer in hand

to wipe my discs with Windex brand

and if they fail, 'tis naught to say:

some fool will buy them anon, eBay.

. . .

It's not 30 words, so sue me.

Edit: ack, sew, not "sew" -- what am I, a middle eastern girl? Dolt.
  • Reply 30 of 58
    nebulousnebulous Posts: 193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

So speaketh Murbot, a verse:

This is the last, I dare to say,

at least the last I'll buy today.

For what was new err time ago

is fast becoming old and slow.

I take my leave, a beer in hand

to wipe my discs with Windex brand

and if they fail, 'tis naught to say:

some fool will buy them anon, eBay.

. . .

It's not 30 words, so sew me.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not even going to try to compete with that (or with nude photos!), but I just wanted to say that I am, in fact, yet another active female AI member.
  • Reply 31 of 58
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Cocksucker.
  • Reply 32 of 58
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    murbot, yeah he is ok I guess, we might let him stay in Australia for a while if he ever visited.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Murbot you freak! Let's get together! Maybe I'll even let you fondle my Pismo 500! C'mon, you know you want to...
  • Reply 34 of 58
    As has been said, Carol isn't the only active female member.

"What's in a name?"
  • Reply 35 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Whoa, all quality responses. I may have a really hard time not going for the nude photo offers... heh heh

Do you have an iSight, Giguara?

Not yet.. but in an hour I can be in the apple store, I think .. cough, I'll need to get two of those things anyway ...
  • Reply 36 of 58
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Murbot is the bomb.

No, really. He is. I know.

I'd like the sticker.
  • Reply 37 of 58
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    What about Anders?

I've no need of a Newton.

I want the surprise.
  • Reply 38 of 58
    Giaguara! A bit of old ram! What are you thinking? Some of them haven't seen a clothed woman in several years. Opportunity knocks! Dual G5 with the works. Go for it.
  • Reply 39 of 58
    anyone will give me a m-audio 49-e for bigger resolution photos or some isighting.. ?

yea, i know that RAM isn't the most modern but the laptop (my cousin's) that would need/host it isn't the most modern either.. she's been askin me to get her more RAM ... and that RAM would work in it and make her happy. I would still wear personally the sticker as a bra
  • Reply 40 of 58
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Murbot:

Men tremble when you tread upon the earth,

for so loved and feared are you.

You are great, wielding the ultimate weapon,

the sword of truth, enlightenment, and moderation.

Hmm, I really can't compete with nude photos, but come on now, what is better, seeing images of a naked lady, or having your ego boosted (which in turn makes you a more confident person, in turn leading to lots of time with naked ladies)?