Orange juice appreciation thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For real, orange juice is such a wonderful thing. I drank at least 3 or 4 glasses of orange juice today.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
    mm. mm. good.
  • Reply 2 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

For real, orange juice is such a wonderful thing. I drank at least 3 or 4 glasses of orange juice today.

I had two tall four-shot mochas and three Mountain Dews, but I do like the occassional OJ.

-BBVD
  • Reply 3 of 35
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    the day after, eh?
  • Reply 4 of 35
    Two thirds of a glass of OJ is GREAT! if mixed with one third a glass of GM.

I think I have found my new love...
  • Reply 5 of 35
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Orange juice...one of the few things in the world that I actually drink. For me, it's mostly water, followed by milk, than OJ, than apple and grape juice. Thats pretty much it, with the occasional glass of grapefruit juice too. Here's to living healthy!
  • Reply 6 of 35
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Healthy... ...? ... ... Yeah that too!
  • Reply 7 of 35
    Orange juice. splendid substance. we go through litres of it.

I do get sidelined occasionally to apple+mango (marvellous, although a tad cloying), and have recently been lured to try orange+banana juice (not bad, jury still out)

hang loose

-----------

London weather: still pants

Now playing: Cannonball Adderley
  • Reply 8 of 35
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I enjoy orange juice a lot, it's very good stuff, I don't mind the supermarket type but I always prefer organic, or freshly squeezed if possible.

yeah, it's good stuff, very thirst quenching.
  • Reply 9 of 35
    mmmmmm, orange juice. I drink it everyday. My wife and kids only like the "sugar water" no pulp kind, may as well be TANG. I like the pulp, I would really like to only have fresh squeezed, but man that's a lot of work. 'til then we have two cartons of OJ in the fridge. Dad's kind and the other kind
  • Reply 10 of 35
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i generally prefer apple juice. (i don't know why exactly, but whenever i think of "apple juice", i think of sweden. perhaps this is why i like it. they tend to pronounce it "appel yuice", accenting the second syllable in "appel", if memory serves. those crazy swedes. but i digress.) this morn, i noticed there were like 5 or so dealies of oj. i talled myself a pour glass, and chugged it, then refilling. i then noticed the appel yuice. it didn't seem quite as tempting. goes well with vodka too (what doesn't go well with vodka?). which reminds me, there is this great beer, with some odd name i cant think of, which is orange, and in an orange can. its like the orange-soda of beers. pretty tasty with an orange feel, and its got a nice kick.
  • Reply 11 of 35
    Orange Juice rox. . . . . especially the super pulpy fresh squeezed types. . . something about the pulp keeping the juice tasting fresh. Concentrated OJ on the other hand is only suitable for use when mixed with vodka.

I go through tons of OJ, but I have the unfortunate situation of being a Floridian transplanted to the Washington DC area. That means I expect to pay very little or pull an orange off a tree or something. I almost go into shock when I see tropicana for $3.79 for a two liter carton. I wait weeks till the supermarket prices them 2 for $4 and then buy about 6 cartons at a time.

Great thread by the way
  • Reply 12 of 35
    what's the deal with pulp? why do people like it? i find it utterly disgusting. just the idea of it. it makes me feel dirty all over. its just orange bits, aint it? pardon me, but i like my liquids liquified.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Pulp rocks...

Some of the best OJ I have ever has has pulp.

Without it I feel like I am drinking Orange tasting water.

Pulp Fiction was a good movie.
  • Reply 14 of 35
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    An orange beer huh? I'd like to check that out. I don't like orange soda (unless it's Faygo, something different about Faygo orange) it's just not good. I don't drink soda that often as it is, but orange soda is a disgrace to orange flavored beverages everywhere. I would like to check out this orange beer though. I prefer my orange juice to have a little pulp to it, it just seems the way it should be.
  • Reply 15 of 35
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I love all things about oranges. The smell of the blossoms, the taste of the fruit and juice, the look of the trees. I do my best do grow little orange trees in containers here in Ottawa, moving them outside in the summer and indoor under flourescent lights in the winter. One of them is blooming right now and the smell is heavenly. It is one of the real disadvantages about Canada that we don't have true orange groves.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    you guys are all so lucky. i love oranges and orange juice, but if i eat an orange or drink orange juice with any amount of regularity (more than a glass of OJ or orange every two weeks) i get a mouth full of canker sores. ick! same goes with all other citrus.

i am stuck in a sad, sad world, where no citrus may enter
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

An orange beer huh? I'd like to check that out. I don't like orange soda (unless it's Faygo, something different about Faygo orange) it's just not good. I don't drink soda that often as it is, but orange soda is a disgrace to orange flavored beverages everywhere. I would like to check out this orange beer though. I prefer my orange juice to have a little pulp to it, it just seems the way it should be.

i think its called "Spark" (possibly "Sparc"). most often found at shadier bodegas. and even places i've known to carry it will only hold a small stock (like a sixer or less). it's a very light beer (well, i compare all beer to guinness, so pretty much everything is light). quite chuggable. best part is, the can nearly looks like soda. so you can walk the streets and nary a pig catches on to your public intoxication (well, until you've raided every bodega this side of the mississippi, and you no longer walk, but swagger, and pick fights with inanimate objects). and since you're so keen on pulp, you could throw chunks of semi-processed foodstuffs in.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    Ugh!! It's torcher reading this thread. I've got Mononucleosis at the moment, and my throat is almost swollen completely shut. I am sooooooooo thirsty but can't get anything down. I tell though, I have been craving all kinds of fruit juices since I got mono. But especially orange. My parents buy freshly squeezed all the time. 2 L lasts us roughly 5 or 6 days.

To tell you the truth though, I'd love to just be able to get a glass of water down. He're hoping I don't have to get an IV woohoo!!!

-Dual 867
  • Reply 19 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dual867

my throat is almost swollen completely shut.

-Dual 867

Ouch, get better soon man!
  • Reply 20 of 35
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Yes indeed, OJ is a VERY IMPORTANT part of your daily fluid intake.