Obligatory Final Cut Express 2 Thread

homhom
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, now that it's out, is anyone going to buy it? $99 for the upgrade seems like a good deal and something I am going to take advantage of. The only difference between FCP4 and FCX2 seems to be that FCP4 can handle other video formats besides DV.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'm almost certainly going to purchase it now that it's quite a bit more mature / stable product. Unless you're a bona fide video producer / artist, you don't need FCP most likely.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

So, now that it's out, is anyone going to buy it? $99 for the upgrade seems like a good deal and something I am going to take advantage of. The only difference between FCP4 and FCX2 seems to be that FCP4 can handle other video formats besides DV.

LiveType and Soundtrack are included with Pro, but not Express.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'm going to upgrade just for the G5 optimization. That will kick ass.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Livetype is pretty hot, but I think I'll try out FCX....
  • Reply 5 of 7
    i'm definatley getting it (FCX).... especially considering that i can get it $149 (i'll be buying the full program, not the upgrade)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Is there an edu discount for the Upgrade? I didn't see one at Apple before, but maybe (and hoping I missed it). I gotta go down to King of Prussia and buy myself iLife and that upgrade when I'm home for a weekend.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by macserverX

Is there an edu discount for the Upgrade? I didn't see one at Apple before, but maybe (and hoping I missed it). I gotta go down to King of Prussia and buy myself iLife and that upgrade when I'm home for a weekend.

nope---just 149 for the full thing, 99 for upgrade (just checked)