Question about Keynote...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
...I'm forced to use Powerpoint for presentations (I'm the only mac user in an office of *hundreds* of PC users!!) and have encountered an annoying problem: often PC users insert Flash movies into the presentation using Active-X controls that simply aren't available to us lowly Mac users... worse still, I'm expected to come up with Powerpoint presentations that include Flash and I've been scratching my head as to how to achieve this without using a PC (*shiver*)

I know Keynote can import Quicktime-supported Flash movies, but when I export as a powerpoint movie will this Flash capability be saved for those with the appropriate Active X controls...?

Any other suggestions as to how to tackle this infuriating problem, gratefully received!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You're going to use Keynote to create 'presentations' with embedded flash that you then plan to *distribute* as PowerPoint files?

That's wrong on so many levels.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Tell me about it!! But being outnumbered by about 6000 to 1, I have very little option but to try and make this solution work... so if anyone could shed any light on this...? (why-oh-why doesn't Apple have a trial version of Keynote??)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    First of all, who's dumb idea was it to use Flash inside of a Powerpoint presentation?

Beyond that... I dunno what to tell you. Either load up Keynote on a Powerbook and use that for all the presentations, or pop over to a PC and do those presentations/Flash work there.

But whoever made the smart move to put Flash inside Powerpoint needs a serious smack on the head.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

First of all, who's dumb idea was it to use Flash inside of a Powerpoint presentation?

The same people who think it makes perfect sense to use Excel to create a table that holds their travel JPEGs 'so it looks organized'.

Seriously. Had someone send me just such a 20MB Excel file. Couldn't figure out why I thought this was nuts.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    flash within powerpoint? why not just use flash? sheesh

active x is not available for mac. So you have to use powerpoint on a PC. Or if you can muster the patience, use Virtual PC and do it in there.

good luck!