iSight price drop?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I really want to get an iSight, but it won't be much value to me unless my friends and family also have them.

Any idea on when Apple may be lowering the price on the iSight or offering a "family pack" for those of us who might be in the market for 3 of 4 iSight cameras?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple has not announced any such "family pack" deal or price reduction. If and when they do it will be listed on their website. Call them and ask!

• Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Apple has not announced any such "family pack" deal or price reduction. If and when they do it will be listed on their website. Call them and ask!

I know Apple hasn't announced anything... And I have asked a CSR at an Apple store.

I was just wondering if anybody had heard any rumors or had a gut feeling about when a price drop might happen based on Apple's pricing in the past.

Everything gets a drop eventually.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    $129 does seem a bit steep...lots of times i see web cams for $30. i know the iSight is superb and everything, but it is certainly overpriced. plus, 90% of mac users don't need the built in mic
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I don't know if I'd say the iSight is over priced.

the quality of both the picture AND the sound is superb, compared to other webcams, and other webcams with the same video qualities cost the same(well, a little less since they usually don't have mics)