iPhoto 4

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Here are a few quick screenshots of iPhoto 4. And in case you were wondering, it's damn fast. And I'm on a G3 iMac with 320 MB RAM.

Update

About

General Prefs

Appearance Prefs

Sharing

Smart Albume

Edit

Source

Well, now that it's all said and done, these screenshots are kinda boring. Whatever, iPhoto alone is worth the cost of iLife. Maybe someone with a faster computer could make a movie of it scrolling and shit. SnapzPro makes my Mac cry.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 51
    where did you get that from?
  • Reply 2 of 51
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I have it too
  • Reply 3 of 51
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'll ask this time: How'd you guys get it before the release?
  • Reply 4 of 51
    I have no idea. I just launched iPhoto yesterday and it felt snappier so I checked the about box and Lo! iPhoto 4!

Isn't that weird?

• Reply 5 of 51
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    If you have to ask, you don't know.
  • Reply 6 of 51
    yea iPhoto 4 and iMovie 4 are definately faster, i never thought id see the day when i could resize their windows decently lol. however im not some theif and even though i downloaded both yesterday i also placed my order for iLife, its well worth the price , and for 30 bucks with my educational discount, very worth it.
  • Reply 7 of 51
    I wouldn't dare think you were accusing anyone here of thievery. Personally, I'm just impatient.

I haven't tried iMovie yet. Is the speed increase such that making a Burnsian slideshow is slightly bearable?
  • Reply 8 of 51
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I do wish that the Smart Albums could use EXIF data for filtering too. E.g., find any photos with a tungsten white balance setting, long zoom and flash so you can have your portraits placed in one album automatically.
  • Reply 9 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I have it too

even though i have pre-ordered iLife4 (how could i not at the edu prices...i would have paid a lot more if needed)...i am also an impatient man and i am currently waiting for a PM...

g
  • Reply 10 of 51
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Just a friendly reminder that anyone giving out information on how to steal software is going to get whacked hard with the ban stick. Don't steal software.
  • Reply 11 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Don't steal software.

who said anything about stealing?
  • Reply 12 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

even though i have pre-ordered iLife4 (how could i not at the edu prices...i would have paid a lot more if needed)...i am also an impatient man and i am currently waiting for a PM...

g

uhh you wasted your money. ilife is free with new macs. pm's will be out in a few weeks, and ilife in a couple. why not wait to have it all together for 30 less bucks?
  • Reply 13 of 51
    PM as in personal message... but I'm not cracking
  • Reply 14 of 51
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Geez! It is five days. It is not like a liver transplant... sweet live transplant. Y'all can hold off till then, right?
  • Reply 15 of 51
    why is it that .mac wep page publishing gets all the pretty border options and regular web page exporting couldnt possibly be more plain?
  • Reply 16 of 51
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Just a friendly reminder that anyone giving out information on how to steal software is going to get whacked hard with the ban stick. Don't steal software.

How about giving information on the stolen software itself? No penalty for that?

Oh and Eugene, you're a damn genius! If I have to ask, I don't know. Holy crap, I thought I was asking because I wanted to practice my typing skills!

You just got included in my signature, and it actually works nicely with what was already there.
  • Reply 17 of 51
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

How about giving information on the stolen software itself? No penalty for that?

This software was extensively demoed at MWSF last week and I'm not going to kill discussions of the features of said software because people could be stealing it. There are various reports on iLife 04 out on the web and many people who went to MWSF have used it already.

If people go into detail about how to obtain the software illegally, that's a different story, and will not be tolerated.
  • Reply 18 of 51
    the source image shows a triangle next to the library. Does this mean can have multiple libraries?
  • Reply 19 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aussie John

the source image shows a triangle next to the library. Does this mean can have multiple libraries?

I don't think so. When you click the arrow it just breaks your library down by year.
  • Reply 20 of 51
    One of the cooler new features in iPhoto is Batch Change. Which allows to, well change a batch of photos. You can change title, roll information, et cetera.

Batch Change 1

Batch Change 2