Who has purchased a new Mini iPod?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I bought my Dad a US Logic brand 256Mb MP3 player for Christmas and today we took it back and got a store credit for it because the interface was awful and compared to the iPod mini it was NOT a bargain. So, he now has a store credit and I'm waiting to see if CompUSA will have the iPod mini in-stock come February. If any of you Comp-ers out there can check and see if it's listed yet please let me know!!!
  • Reply 22 of 32
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm betting they do, drew. They pretty much carry everything else from Apple. Since I don't have a CompUSA or Apple store here in my town, I'm curious to see if the local Best Buy and Circuit City will carry the new iPod mini. They already carry the regular ones.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Is it me or are not enough people posting about how they cant wait to get their mini's? Damn, I was expecting a better reaction. I bought mine now you guys gotta follow suit. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when Apple announces in April that they sold over 200,000 mini's.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I don't own either but I would like to. If anyone wants to justify buying a mini, I'll be happy to take your regular iPod off your hands. PM me if interested.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm going to buy one... unless I learn that the slower speed HD is an issue. My only concern is when using it as a HD.

I like the larger capacities of the standard iPod, but the mini is the right size and has physical buttons!
  • Reply 26 of 32
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

and has physical buttons!

are we SURE about that? I mean... can you press more then one button at a time...

where did it say they were physical buttons?

methinks its still touch sensitive but more sensitive to movement... (IE if you are stationary it is a "button click" if you are moving it is a scroll...)
  • Reply 27 of 32
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Not going to be the early adopter this time around, nor next time around. I like being able to store all my music on my Pod, so until there's a ~20 GB mini (loooong time), I probably won't bite. It's also not THAT much smaller than the current iPod.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    I agree Eugene. Since my previous post I have toyed with the idea silver mini and found myself wanting one - it certainly looks the part. But given the choice I would like to carry around my entire music collection if possible. I guess ideally I would like to have both!
  • Reply 29 of 32
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    I will be getting a mini when:

The first revision has gone through (so I can get a mini with a HD capacity of 8GB)

Said iPod mini is freely available (no QA/QC issues known)

I have the money on hand to replace my car stereo with a new stereo with one that supports an audio in jack

I have paid off my credit card

So, sometime at the end of summer! All in all, the mini is a great design. Kudos to Apple for sticking with it just being a MP3 player and making it smaller. Small is good. Don't diverge from the small form factor and continue killing your competitors.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    I cant understand why there arent more people on these boards with "new product lust" that will shell out 230 education or 250 total for one of these tiny triumphs. Come on people, get one, you know you want one!
  • Reply 31 of 32
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yeah, but not pre-ordered...

I learned my lesson with the original iPod... ended up paying the full $400 when I thought it was going to be cheaper (with the edu discount).... stupid tax....

If I had an address in NH or OR I would be all over it... but since that is not the case I will have to wait until the 16th to go up to NH and buy one... (along with what looks like it will be 3 computers...)