Check out this 3D Site made on a Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is the homepage for the company i work for. We made this entire page on a Mac using OSX. Just showing off a little...and of course constructive criticism welcome

Interweb Media

cheers

[edit by Brad, removed link]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    What about it is 3D?

Otherwise, it's a decent site I guess. There's nothing revolutionary about it. . . pretty biz-conformist.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    If someone came here and said they made it on Windows I would be surprised, but there isn't a lot of anything special in this
  • Reply 3 of 11
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    where's the 3D stuff?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Hmm, yea, nice.

Maybe a bit of a *plug* for the company?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Horrendous. Annoying. Buggy (killed a non-associated window in Safari as I wrote the first scathing review of the woefully not quite as well hidden as it should be portion of the sight). Gratuitous non-value added use of 3D.

The thing took forever to load on a dedicated 1.5Mbps connection-- Strike one. The cybernetic murder during the button fix was a cutsie bad taste thing that completely got in the way of getting the contact information--Strike two. Making a user sit through a gratuitous series of animations before actually presenting information to them in a 2D format anyway is ridiculous--Strike three--Back to the dugout!

Slick but not well executed from an information dissemination standpoint. That puts it in the frivolous use of web-design budget category. Get to work on a paradigm that actually helps info dissemination and you can make a bundle.

All that said, nice try. You now have a data point to adapt from.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Eh, seems fine to me, loaded fast. But that WEIRD usage of CAPATALIZING words is, well, WEIRD.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Fine site, some stuff does take a long time to load...maybe 1-2 min at most. Looks good for the most part, but seems like it is too flashy and not enough content. But what can I say, I am good at finding faults not offering suggestions I suck.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    SPAM

the link gets redirected... if they really designed it why didn't they just post the REAL link?

do not feed the trolls...

someone edit the original post...
  • Reply 9 of 11
    What's your target demographic? If your aiming at professional business then I give it 2 thumbs down. If you really want to get into those heavy graphics why not throw some flash in while your at it?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    discodisco Posts: 83member
    Boo. Hiss. Lock thread please.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Thread, I hereby sentence you to death.