What's your Est GarageBand ship date from the Apple Online Store?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Mine says on or before January 21! so much for playing with it this weekend

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    I'm going to go down to the apple store and see if I get lucky.

I doubt it will be in, but maybe I'll pick up some other software or just play around.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    On or before: 01/15/2004
  • Reply 3 of 39
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

On or before: 01/15/2004

That's what my iLife package still says, but the order status is still open... what gives!?! I doubt it will make it here by then.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

That's what my iLife package still says, but the order status is still open... what gives!?! I doubt it will make it here by then.

The listed date is an estimated ship-by date, not a deliver-by date. Now I selected ground shipping like I usually do because they often automatically upgrade delivery to overnight or Saturday delivery to meet release dates. I'm not sure that it'll be done with GarageBand though.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    On or before 1/26/04

I bought a USB MIDI keyboard and a second copy of Panther (very unusual for me to "stay legal" but hey it's Apple) along with iLife. Mr. Stupid (me) decided to have everything to ship together.

stupidstupidstupid

Screed
  • Reply 6 of 39
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The listed date is an estimated ship-by date, not a deliver-by date. Now I selected ground shipping like I usually do because they often automatically upgrade delivery to overnight or Saturday delivery to meet release dates. I'm not sure that it'll be done with GarageBand though.

Ah I understand now.

When I ordered it, it said "Del. By 1/16" and now the details page says "On or before 01/15/2004." But that's the ship by date. I was assuming it was still delivery by date.

And they did upgrade my shipping from Standard to 2 Day. So it just may make it by the 16th.

Can't wait.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    January 28, but that's Europe for you..
  • Reply 8 of 39
    on or before 1/15

I am really excited about it, I am also going to puchase the M-audio audiophile friday from woodwind/brasswind, its nice to have such a huge music store based 3 miles from home B^) .this has the midi and analogue built in so no need for another midi devise. besides, it would cost just as much for 2 separate midi/analogue usb devises anyway.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot I'm going to go down to the apple store and see if I get lucky.

Wrong Robot, are you implying that the retail stores WON'T have massive stock of iLife 04 this weekend?

What do you know, and when did you know it?

Seriously, my entire damn Saturday is based around a) giong to Atlanta, b) buying iLife 04, Creature II speakers and that e49 USB keyboard and c) coming home and staying up all night playing with it all.

Don't tell me I can't do that! I don't want to wait ANOTHER week!!!
  • Reply 10 of 39
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Wrong Robot, are you implying that the retail stores WON'T have massive stock of iLife 04 this weekend?

Seriously, my entire damn Saturday is based around a) giong to Atlanta, b) buying iLife 04, Creature II speakers and that e49 USB keyboard and c) coming home and staying up all night playing with it all.

I'm doing, and getting the same thing except I'm getting the ad on pack, and not the speakers. I have soundsticks.
  • Reply 11 of 39
    On or before 1/15

I just got my 160GB firewire drive, too. Already had an adapter for my electric guitar. A midi pickup would be nice to add to it. Gotta back everything up, upgrade to Panther, install iLife '04, and play music! 8)
  • Reply 12 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Ah I understand now.

When I ordered it, it said "Del. By 1/16" and now the details page says "On or before 01/15/2004." But that's the ship by date. I was assuming it was still delivery by date.

And they did upgrade my shipping from Standard to 2 Day. So it just may make it by the 16th.

Can't wait.

Cool! My shipping got switched to 2 Day too
  • Reply 13 of 39
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Last year for the first iLife release we had tons of copies the day it was introduced. You might not want to get there first thing in the morning, you need to give a little time to take care of the logistics.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    Yeah, I was heading down about noon-ish. Maybe 11. That gets me there around 1pm. I noticed they're having some iLife 04 (and a GarageBand one in particular) presentation throughout the day, so I may linger for those as well...

And going to try and find a theater playing "The Cooler" so we can catch that movie while we're in town.

We'll make a day of it.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    I just checked my order at the Apple Store and it says iLife has shipped. I'll get it on Friday!
  • Reply 16 of 39
    And all this time you thought you were nobody special.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    shipped by fed ex...i get to play this weekend...yeah baby...

now i have a midi keyboard already...but i am self taught and my wife hates when i play it....so it should be interesting this weekend at thegelding household...i may yet fully earn my user name...

look on google news soon for either:

garageband software leads to divorce

or

garageband software leads to wife strangling husband with usb cable

g
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

shipped by fed ex...i get to play this weekend...yeah baby...

now i have a midi keyboard already...but i am self taught and my wife hates when i play it....so it should be interesting this weekend at thegelding household...i may yet fully earn my user name...

look on google news soon for either:

garageband software leads to divorce

or

garageband software leads to wife strangling husband with usb cable

g

head..phones...\
  • Reply 19 of 39
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nobody Special

I just checked my order at the Apple Store and it says iLife has shipped. I'll get it on Friday!

Mine still says it will ship "on or before 1/15/2004".
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Shipped! I need to mount a hook near my desk to hold the guitar.