80 apple stores by "back to school"...where will they be??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
any idea other than 80% will be in California somewhere....

where will the other 20% go??

any chance of one ending up in New Mexico?? they could even count it as a "foreign" market store...

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    How about putting one in the Dominion of Ontario?

Perhaps not.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

any idea other than 80% will be in California somewhere....

where will the other 20% go??

any chance of one ending up in New Mexico?? they could even count it as a "foreign" market store...

g

ooh a nice adobe apple store in santa fe or albuerque!

can you say A-DOH-BE?

i could see one in santa fe.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    How about New Orleans?

There isnt anything within 300 miles of here... actually, I thinks its even further than that.

• Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by shabbasuraj

How about putting one in the Dominion of Ontario?

Perhaps not.

Yes, put one in Toronto please!
  • Reply 5 of 18
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

ooh a nice adobe apple store in santa fe or albuerque!

can you say A-DOH-BE?

i could see one in santa fe.

i would be fine with one in santa fe...but santa fe is rather small...

now albuquerque is much bigger and has a larger surrounding base....also, there is a large mall about 2 miles from this huge intel fab plant...i think it would be great if apple opened a store that close to intel...that would really show SJ's testicular fortitude

g
  • Reply 6 of 18
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    that's really weird. i've driven by that Intel plant a pile of times.

it would be nice for my parents if they had an Apple store in NM.

at least one store per state would be nice, if nothing else.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

i would be fine with one in santa fe...but santa fe is rather small...

now albuquerque is much bigger and has a larger surrounding base....also, there is a large mall about 2 miles from this huge intel fab plant...i think it would be great if apple opened a store that close to intel...that would really show SJ's testicular fortitude

g

santa fe is small, but aren't their a lot of filthy rich there?

i haven't been in the area for about ten years.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'll put good money that Nashville will be getting one in 2004. They HAVE to!

It's a) the capital of Tennessee and a huge, honkin' city with no shortage of creative types and money, b) it has pockets of wealth and yuppification like you can't imagine c) it has a bit of a music scene ( ) and with Apple's recent Logic/GarageBand/iTunes releases and activity, this just seems like a no-brainer.

I'm actually shocked beyond words that there isn't one there already. Amazing.

Next to Atlanta, Nashville is probably THE southern city of record.

And with all those record labels, music publishers and two major league sport franchises (NFL and NHL), I'd imagine there being quite a huge design/web/marketing presence there, using, you guessed it, LOTS of Apple gear.

So yeah, I'm saying Nashville. Probably somewhere around West End? Or maybe down in Franklin at the big mall (a nice, upscale area, Franklin).
  • Reply 9 of 18
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Charlotte's getting one in March. In the pretty swank (for Charlotte) South Park mall. That'll make 4 Apple Stores within 4 hours for me when I move back up to RTP in July. I don't know what I'd do if I lived around SF where there are so many you'd have to decide which one to go to.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Heh. There is one practically in my backyard. Except I dont have a backyard or a front one for that matter. Hmm. That expression really doesnt have the general applicability of one that will last forever.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

So yeah, I'm saying Nashville. Probably somewhere around West End? Or maybe down in Franklin at the big mall (a nice, upscale area, Franklin).

Would love to see one in Nashville, but I think we'd probably see it in the Green Hills area. Of course, I'd be gunning for Hendersonville, myself....

It really is amazing that Tennessee only has one Apple Store and it's in Memphis.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You guys have The Mac Authority up there, right? Off I-65? I'm in Chattanooga...there's NOTHING Mac-related here. Just a Best Buy and a Circuit City: iPods, and that's it. And even then, quite iffy on stock. And certainly no one employed there who is even remotely Mac/Apple-savvy.

Only one independent Mac place here, and they don't even sell gear anymore. Just a small, authorized service center on the other side of town. And they don't even work weekends, so if your stuff breaks, you have to take time off work to deal with it.

I have to drive to Atlanta to get any sort of fix.

I lived in Nashville a few years ago, for a year. Loved it. May go back. My best friend lives there. An Apple Store would certainly help sweeten the deal.

• Reply 13 of 18
    I dont know if Pittsburgh has one or not, the one in the King of Prussia mall in Philly is a smaller sized one-WTF? Pennsylvania needs some more Apple presence, maybe one in the state capital (Harrisburgh)?
  • Reply 14 of 18
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I would rally, REALLY, really want to have some Apple stores in Europe.

One per each major language zone.

One (the biggest) in London.

One in Paris.

One in Berlin.

One in Barcelona.

One in Milan (or Rome).

And maybe one in Stockholm, to try...
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

I would rally, REALLY, really want to have some Apple stores in Europe.

One per each major language zone.

One (the biggest) in London.

One in Paris.

One in Berlin.

One in Barcelona.

One in Milan (or Rome).

And maybe one in Stockholm, to try...

Giaguara, you beat me to it . It would be great to have genuine Apple Stores here. Given that something like one in six iPods sold over Christmas was in the UK, the Trojan horse is in, it makes sense to open up the stores so people can get hold of all the other shiny Apple kit .

Dave.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    President bush wants a moon collony, why not be the first computer manufacturor with a moon shop?

they are leaders in every other aspect, lets lead the way in geography too lol
  • Reply 17 of 18
    as mentioned above a NO BRAINER is building one in Toronto....

last time I checked 5th largest metropolis in North America maybe even 4th or 3rd if you count all of the 416/905...

Toronto I hope will be the 2nd international Apple Store...

I heard rumours that the new 'super mall' in Vaughn will be getting an Apple Store...

perhaps not...
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Ye Olde Apple Store

It's an Apple Store within an Irish Pub. They have Guinness on tap, even in warm kegs! Traditional irish music every Thursday through Sunday night, with iPod giveaways Thursday - Sunday as well! It will rock!