Mac OSRumors (I Know) Says Upgraded G5's on January 24 And....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
... 20th Anniversary G5 iMac. Take it with about 12 oz of salt (if on low salt diet, substitute Mrs. Dash if you like).

http://www.macosrumors.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    I remember once upon a time when I actually believed what they say... Now I read it for a good laugh! 3Ghz G5 coming soon
  • Reply 2 of 43
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I think their report is completely made up.
  • Reply 3 of 43
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I've been visiting them for a LONG time now, and I honestly can't recall them ever being right about...well, anything.

Much like theonion.com and crazyapplerumors.com, I turn to them for a bit of comic relief. And to see what kind of amazing crap they're going to pull out of thin air and attempt to pass off for true "inside knowledge".

"Our sources confirm..."

They have no sources, and they aren't confirming anything.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    And, of course, January 24 is a Saturday. A press conference would more likely be on a week/work day.

The 24th is also my birthday, although I wasn't born the same year as the Mac.

Nonetheless, a G5 iMac so soon would boggle my mind. I'd drive up to Maine and rub Meader's belly.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 43
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well they did get the Cube right, and everyone said "Meader, you my friend are an ass-monkey, crack-smoking, screw-up, who will never get anything right. Cube, ha ha ha, good one." Of course, we all ate our words after that. But then, he lost all credibility when he posed the PowerMac Octahedron crap.

Come on, 20th Anniversary iMac? Pfft, let it be a special computer, I'm tired of the iMac. <Puts crack-pipe down> Um...yea....
  • Reply 6 of 43
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yeah, I've been visiting them for a LONG time now, and I honestly can't recall them ever being right about...well, anything.

When I first started following apple rumors they had the scoop on the cube, but haven't been even remotely close since then.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Crusader, Flounder...trust me: if MOSR "got the Cube right", it was only because they read about it somewhere else and managed to post it first.

If that guy has any "highly-placed sources", then my butt is a typewriter.
  • Reply 8 of 43
    Okay, I will post this once here. Remember in the days when the g4 release was imminent? It was discussed in every mac forum in just about every forum thread.

Suddenly MOSR publishes that they had a Pre Release version of the new G4, and went into great detail about the specs. The information appeared to be flawed, it was shredded apart by most discussion forums with numerous errors found in the article.

Then what happened? The MOSR dude constantly edited the story during the day to better represent what was expected to be the G4, even though he had a "working" version "right in front of him". Numerous times the article changed the specs of his machine, much to the hilarity of the mac audience.

Low and behold, the G4's were released as expected, and his original article was on the mark! His fantasy article based on a fantasy machine was accurate, and the changes he made to make the story more real took him far from reality.

So basically, that site is one dude who reads the rumor sites and tries very hard to summarize it all.
  • Reply 9 of 43
    reynardreynard Posts: 160member
    Mugwump, sounds like you were debating whether or not to even bother commenting in a thread about MOSR. Im glad you did. Funny and interesting story. Pathetic, to be sure, but fascinating turn of events.

MOSR getting it right at times is analagous to the stuck clock being right twice a day.
  • Reply 10 of 43
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reynard

MOSR getting it right at times is analagous to the stuck clock being right twice a day.

This is the smartest thing I have heard all week... AI and ThinkSecret are the only two that do not blow it consistently. The rest are just wasted 0's and 1's.
  • Reply 11 of 43
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    One of the funniest threads in FH! Here is my contribution.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Crusader, Flounder...trust me: if MOSR "got the Cube right", it was only because they read about it somewhere else and managed to post it first.

If that guy has any "highly-placed sources", then my butt is a typewriter.

LOL

we're all sitting here laughing at that last line pscates, my eyes are tearing, (just on the mind-pitcure alone) lol i have to find some way to work that line into an email or something thanks
  • Reply 13 of 43
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    me thinks someone is playing with meader (and he's too stupid to know otherwise), or he runs his website inside Arkham Asylum.

Maybe it's both.

I'm just ashamed that I visit it once in a while.
  • Reply 14 of 43
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Funny how people forget Meader was the only one who had concept sketches of the flat panel iMac that were basically dead on. No one else even came close.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    I remember that years ago he was sometimes actually dead on... I hate to admit it, but I think he used to have a "real" source. Now he basically makes things up or maybe he thinks he has real sources? I do remember the flat panel iMac thing as well...

Go visit for the fun of it and for a laugh, but just like all rumors, take it with a grain of salt...
  • Reply 16 of 43
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Funny how people forget Meader was the only one who had concept sketches of the flat panel iMac that were basically dead on. No one else even came close.

Does Meader still run the site - I was under the impression that he left a long time ago. I even remember Moki being to one who stated that fact.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Anyone saw MOSR's Sunday delirium ?
  • Reply 18 of 43
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I don't remember these...
  • Reply 19 of 43
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Anyone saw MOSR's Sunday delirium ?

Actually, that's the most believable 'guess' I've seen on that site in I don't know how long:

Quote:

*PowerPC 975 - POWER5 core, 90-nanometer/11-layer CMOS process, Hyperthreading, 3GHz+ (previously planned as PPC 980)

*PowerPC 976 - POWER5 Dual Core, 65nm SSOI (Strained Silicon On Insulator) process, VMX2 instructions, 4GHz+

*PowerPC 980 - POWER6 core, 65nm/11-layer FinFET/SSOI process, VMX2, 5GHz+

*PowerPC 985 - POWER7 Dual Core, 45nm, 9GHz+

*PowerPC 990 - POWER8 Multi-Core, 32nm, 15GHz+

Interesting...
  • Reply 20 of 43
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

AI and ThinkSecret are the only two that do not blow it consistently. The rest are just wasted 0's and 1's.

I'd say AI, Macrumors and TS in a three way tie.

Between those three sites, practically no stone goes unturned.

Oh, and I think AI goofed on the updated G5 towers release date.