Yogurt

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What yogurt do you all eat? I can't find one I really like. Most of it is too runny. I long for the stuff that I had in Holland.

Also wtf is up with all that yogurt that you drink or kids suck out of a tube. Nasty!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Oh I should have added that my wife is making her own from time to time and it's fantastic. But no often enough. Sometimes I just want to buy it.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've been eating Columbo yogurt lately... not the greatest, but the one I like most from the typically available supermarket choices. I refuse to buy those annoying down-sized 6 oz. "cups" of yogurt, plus some of the brands I used to like better are now overprocessed into something more like gelatinous pudding.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I get some small brand called 'Yofarm' or something like that. I don't like Dannon and Yoplait, there's no flavor. And I hate that drinkable stuff, it's just gross. Yofarm actually tastes like yougart and fruit though.

PS If I discover that I got the name wrong, I'll correct it later.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    I actually like Yoplait. Sure it may be more creamy, that is ok

Yoplait is on a roll with their naming of flavors.. They use "creme pie" after various flavors.

For example I love their Lemon Creme Pie, Banana Creme Pie, and Boston Creme Pie flavors!

Fellows
  • Reply 5 of 26
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I eat many yogurt, but not the natural ones (wich is a shame).

My prefered Yogurt (not a real yogurt) was one from Danone : lemon with whipped cream. Unfortunately i did not find them anymore.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'm a fan of Stonyfield farm vanilla. When I can't get that, I like the yoplait vanilla. I really love having the Stonyfield stuff with granola and some berries. It's yummy.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    I like yogurt, but it's got to be somewhat firm or I'm just not interested.

Yay for unstirred "fruit bottom" yogurt cups.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I'm a fan of Stonyfield farm vanilla. When I can't get that, I like the yoplait vanilla. I really love having the Stonyfield stuff with granola and some berries. It's yummy.

I used to get that but I got a few bad ones and gave up on them.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

What yogurt do you all eat? I can't find one I really like. Most of it is too runny. I long for the stuff that I had in Holland.

Also wtf is up with all that yogurt that you drink or kids suck out of a tube. Nasty!

Hi Scott - I used to make yogurt too. But it took forever, and I don't remember it being all that scrumptious.

Just lately I've come up with something tasty from the school salad bar. Everytime they have yogurt, they also have those crispy chinese noodles. So now I put a big pile of crispy noodles on my tray, and then a few spoonfuls of cherry yogurt on top, and mix together. People look at it and go, "What's THAT?" But it's tasty AND crunchy. I do really like those chinese noodles, even by themselves.

I also love when they have fresh spinach leaves with strawberries. Very yummy.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Get the Yoplait Custard Style.... there's nothing runny about it.

• Reply 11 of 26
    I get that most of the time but, you know, what's so fscking hard about making and selling regular old yogurt that isn't "Lite" or "Whipped" or "Custard" or a drink or in a tube? Yogurt wasn't broken so why was it fixed?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Quote:

I get that most of the time but, you know, what's so fscking hard about making and selling regular old yogurt that isn't "Lite" or "Whipped" or "Custard" or a drink or in a tube? Yogurt wasn't broken so why was it fixed?

Maybe the tubed kind doesn't need refrigeration and can be put in kids' lunch bags?
  • Reply 13 of 26
    there is a yogurt, I can't remember what it's called, but it's available at trader joe's, and it comes in a little glass jar, it is very very good, and there are some interesting flavors of it too, like decaf coffee and ginger/spice, they all taste great though.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Sounds like the french stuff.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    There are some people here that will eat any kind of runny, creamy yogurt.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Get the Yoplait Custard Style.... there's nothing runny about it.

mmmmm...I love the Key Lime Pie in Custard Style...

in fact I'm eating several right now..
  • Reply 17 of 26
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

People might have gotten tired of the same 'fruit-on-bottom' runny yogurt which used to be the only thing you could buy. I'm actually glad they made the custard style yogurt, because I can't stand the runny stuff.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Hi Scott - I used to make yogurt too. But it took forever, and I don't remember it being all that scrumptious.

Just lately I've come up with something tasty from the school salad bar. Everytime they have yogurt, they also have those crispy chinese noodles. So now I put a big pile of crispy noodles on my tray, and then a few spoonfuls of cherry yogurt on top, and mix together. People look at it and go, "What's THAT?" But it's tasty AND crunchy. I do really like those chinese noodles, even by themselves.

I also love when they have fresh spinach leaves with strawberries. Very yummy.

nasty
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

nasty

Hey burningwheel!

I double-dare ya to try it. hehehehe.

Crispy chinese noodles and yogurt - any flavor will do.....

NOT nasty.

(Not chicken, are ya? )

hahahahahahahahahahaha Come on......be brave.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Ummm it's changed some, but i used to love this stuff as a kid. Pretty much any of their flavors, but this was my favorite. It usually had a light fruit flavor, plus fruit on the bottom you stirred in. Yum Yum

http://www.darigold.com/images/produ...tos/380077.gif