iDVD 4 installed but not running

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just installed iLife and when I clicked on iDVD I got an applicatio nnot responding! has anyone else had this problem???

Basically it just hangs there and when I click the icon it says "Application not responding" and I'm forced to Force Quit.

Please tell me there's a fix for this...Thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Are you just trying the icon in the dock, or did you try the *actual* app icon?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Yep..I tried the actual app icon in applications.

I have a Powerbook Ti 1Ghz with 1GB Ram so I know my machine can handle it...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    This really sucks...I dont know where to start to fix this problem...I tried installing iDVD twice from scratch...No Go...the menu comes up but then it just hangs...and when you click and hold on the icon it says 'Application not responding' could it be a bad install DVD??
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Well, I don't know what happened but it looks it works fine now. I think it may have had something to do with my dvdprojects being on an external drive. That's the only thing I did different. I plugged in my external drive.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Oh yeah. iDVD opens the last used DVD project when it opens. If that was unavailable on an external drive, then it very well might have had a problem.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Isn't there a way to override iDVD from opening the last project? I don't remember if it's a key you hold down when opening the app.