ibook battery

thttht
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My iBook battery can't seem to charge up anymore. When I press the charge-level button on battery, the lowest level indicator light blinks.

Is the battery hosed? I recently installed Battery Update 1.1 on OS 10.2.8 at about the same time, so is it possible the Battery Update hosed the battery?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Which iBook? With the battery update and the most recent version of Panther I've got the advertised battery life boost on an iBook G4. You might want to check some of the old 10.2.8 horror story threads to see if you problem was a common one.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Did you try resetting the PMU? More info on that can be found here.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    It's an iBook (dual USB) 500 MHz. It's about 2.5 years old. I reset the PMU, but it didn't seem to help.

I went on vacation for a month and left it off, disconnected, so the battery charge probably trickled away. It now doesn't seem to want to charge. The computer also has a hard time figuring out how much charge is in the battery or how long it will take to charge.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    I have the same issue with a 600.

i was getting 1.5 hours, then I flew to new zealand, overnight the battery droppped to 15min. Its had a good 2 years, time for a new one I guess.

The g4 ibook battery is bigger as well.