Safari Hangs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Whenever I close a window in Safari, the program hangs, and the disk starts thrashing like a mofo for anywhere from two to fifteen minutes. The program locks up, but I usually don't force quit it, because it must be doing SOMETHING. Is this a cache problem?

For the record, I only have 256MB of RAM (hopefully murbot has already sent out my 512 DIMM), but even so, this is a huge problem, considering 256 is the standard that consumers get when they buy a Mac in the store.

This has been going on for about a month, now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Do you have any 3rd-party things installed? What plug-ins are there? Using anything like PithHelmet or Saft?

Deleting the Caches and moving out the preferences (including ~/Library/Safari) could help narrow down the problem.

Moving to Genius Bar.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Do you have any 3rd-party things installed? What plug-ins are there? Using anything like PithHelmet or Saft?

Deleting the Caches and moving out the preferences (including ~/Library/Safari) could help narrow down the problem.

Moving to Genius Bar.

No plug-ins or any of that stuff. I've deleted the cache repeatedly. I really think it's just a really crappy cache management that is limited by 256MB of RAM. Lord knows Windows IE doesn't have that problem.