What's your next Apple hardware purchase?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i know there are a lot more things you can buy, but im sorta limited to 10....

check all that apply...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i know there are a lot more things you can buy, but im sorta limited to 10....

check all that apply...

if it'd become a very good year, i'll get an iBook, a new G5 and two tft-flatscreens :-) that'd be so cool!
  • Reply 2 of 47
    ya it would... thats actually the exact setup im going for, but the second display and ibook will have to come later...
  • Reply 3 of 47
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Going with the PB G5 when it comes out, and if I can wait longer, I might go for the Rev. B. I don't know that I'll ever get a G5 PM, but I would love one. And that iPod has been calling my name ever since the first one was introduced, I just need an excuse to buy it.
  • Reply 4 of 47
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I'll probably replace my dual 450 MHz PowerMac with a G5 PowerMac of some sort, eventually (i.e. when I get the money).
  • Reply 5 of 47
    thttht Posts: 5,443member
    A new laptop. Whether it is a Powerbook G5, Powerbook G4, or iBook G4 really depends on the performance/price ratio. I would prefer a 15" LCD screen with 1440x960 resolution.

I would like to get an iPod but I'm waiting for one with FM/AM capability.
  • Reply 6 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

....what he said

Just what I am waiting for. I'm hoping for a dual G4 or G5.
  • Reply 7 of 47
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    My budget's about $1500

Hoping to get a iMac G5 with that. But I'll have to see what makes the most sense iMac or stripped Powermac.

I need something that's going to last because my next purchase next year will be a Powerbook.
  • Reply 8 of 47
    My budget is 100 shares of Apple stock.
  • Reply 9 of 47
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Going with the PB G5 when it comes out, and if I can wait longer, I might go for the Rev. B. I don't know that I'll ever get a G5 PM, but I would love one. And that iPod has been calling my name ever since the first one was introduced, I just need an excuse to buy it.

that's me exactly--i want as powerful a pb as possible since i want to run one particular program--a pluggin for downloading radiology images while i'm on call, using VPC. i figure i'll need lots of ram and the newest VPC.

hey do the pb has a pcmia slot so i could put the att edge SE card in then that would be nirvana
  • Reply 10 of 47
    It looks like I'll be getting a second-hand PowerBook 15" within the next couple of weeks... (TiBook 1GHz SD). Should that fail, iBook G4.

Nofeer, The 12" PB doesn't have a PCMCIA/PC Card slot - but the 15"+ do. Lucky you if you have digital X-Rays - I did some filing for the local Radiology department, standard films are very bulky, and heavy when you get a few of them. My arms are still recovering.
  • Reply 11 of 47
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Rev B PowerMac for me.... I just can't squeeze much more out of this MDD dual. Can't handle much more DVD burning at 1X. Painful. What do you folks think that Rev C will bring?
  • Reply 12 of 47
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Next PowerMac. Probably the cheapest dual they offer me, unless they cripple it for some stupid reason. Fattest graphics card they offer, and a gig of RAM or two.

I can't stand the whining of this MDD much longer.

Maybe I'll throw in an iPod as well, the present one doesn't work since I managed to break it
  • Reply 13 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Rev B PowerMac for me.... I just can't squeeze much more out of this MDD dual. Can't handle much more DVD burning at 1X. Painful. What do you folks think that Rev C will bring?

rev c: smaller case, more optical bays, more hard drive slots, 3.5 Ghz at least
  • Reply 14 of 47
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Peel

It looks like I'll be getting a second-hand PowerBook 15" within the next couple of weeks... (TiBook 1GHz SD). Should that fail, iBook G4.

Nofeer, The 12" PB doesn't have a PCMCIA/PC Card slot - but the 15"+ do. Lucky you if you have digital X-Rays - I did some filing for the local Radiology department, standard films are very bulky, and heavy when you get a few of them. My arms are still recovering.

We'll have pacs in 3 years did some site visits for GE Siemens, and Agfa. GE has the best web based system, but can you imagine everything all reports and images available all the time to all (physicians for privacy sake) ANYWHERE. My application is just for teleradiology(sending ct and mri to my home). except for one vendor all are windows based as a pluggin for IE5.5 which sucks, so if i could get rid of this dell i'd be rockin. The dell works but i hate dealing with MS and it's bloat.
  • Reply 15 of 47
    i'm surprised at the number of ipod mini's. after all the crap about price and everything, its true that people will keep their 50 bucks and "settle" for 1000 songs...
  • Reply 16 of 47
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I can't decide between G5 PowerBook (if they come out this summer), G5 Tower for raw power, or a car haha. Depends if I feel my 15" AluBook is getting to slow...or if i have it broke.
  • Reply 17 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I can't decide between G5 PowerBook (if they come out this summer), G5 Tower for raw power, or a car haha. Depends if I feel my 15" AluBook is getting to slow...or if i have it broke.

thats where i was at for a while (before any pb g5 rumors started), but i decided i needed the power of a tower haha (for video and graphics), and i'll get an ibook down the road a little.

ps: it really is kinda sad that g5 prices can surpass those of used cars lol...
  • Reply 18 of 47
    I'm planning to replace my dual 450 PM with a mid-line dual 2.75 G5 hopefully in the fourth quarter this year.
  • Reply 19 of 47
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    with luck and money ill get a mini ipod, a referbished G4 medium processor and a new G4 ibook...modest...i'm still in school
  • Reply 20 of 47
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    I'm thinking the first dual processor G5 config with the next rev of powermacs. I have an iBook G4, so no powerbook until the PBG5 is eventually released.