anyone else disappointed with apple's in-ear headphones?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hello!

i remember owning sony's in-ear headphones years ago when they released them as they anniversay headphones. they sounded remarkable with excellent base. i was excited and purchased apple's in-ear headphones. the sound quality is worse to me than the headphones that came with my ipod. i thought perhaps it was a defect and my roommate bought one too, and hers was as bad. she's returning hers and i gave mine away to a friend who doesn't care much about bass...

what did you guys think about the new heaphone's sound quality? (not to mention the buggers were keep on falling out of my ears even after trying various sizes of silicones it came with... but i remember sony's didn't-so it can't be the shape of my ear canals).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    There was a to-do about this at MacInTouch. If you're getting tinny highs and no bass then you're not inserting them properly. They have to seal off your ear canal, which apparently feels weird. It might take a few tries to figure it out, but MacInTouch readers have reported excellent sound quality once they did.

That said, off we go to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ProtoDAda

hello!

i remember owning sony's in-ear headphones years ago when they released them as they anniversay headphones. they sounded remarkable with excellent base. i was excited and purchased apple's in-ear headphones. the sound quality is worse to me than the headphones that came with my ipod. i thought perhaps it was a defect and my roommate bought one too, and hers was as bad. she's returning hers and i gave mine away to a friend who doesn't care much about bass...

what did you guys think about the new heaphone's sound quality? (not to mention the buggers were keep on falling out of my ears even after trying various sizes of silicones it came with... but i remember sony's didn't-so it can't be the shape of my ear canals).

You found someone who would take in-ear headphones? That's just gross.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

You found someone who would take in-ear headphones? That's just gross.

that is gross
  • Reply 4 of 7
    that above remark coming from a "resident psychologist" is "gross." i was just wonderwing if others had similar experience as mine, or my roommate and i just happened to purchase two "lemons." thanks! i am sure we do lots of things more "gross" than sharing in-ear headphones that's been cleaned, with someone i know...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    So has any one else experienced poor sound quality or not?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

So has any one else experienced poor sound quality or not?

not me, well, compared to my other headphones (BOSE) then yes i have, but they sound pretty decent to me
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I got mine and i put them in at first and i was holy crap! These sound worse than me banging on a aluminum garbage can! But then I put them in correctly and they are simply amazing! It takes some time to get used to it and I still have to fiddle with them a little to get them in "just right", but you do have to push semi hard and wiggle them to get them to seal off correctly. If either of you can get yours back, do so! Heres what you do to get them in in, the key is that you dont press straight into your ear canal, you have to push them in at like a 60 degree angle or so ( + or - depending on your ear) then just push until you think there sealed turn on the music and be amazed! (If your friend figured out how to put them in correctly in don't think you'll be getting them back anytime soon)

Howard Dean War Screech farewell!