iTrip

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is iTrip any good, i heard it was to bassy? What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    all i know is that belkin sucks. i've never used an itrip, so maybe griffin's better...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A nice employee at the Apple Store let me try his in the parking lot, and I opted for a cassette adapter from Sony. $20, and the sound is much better. If you have the capability on your stereo, go for a direct inline adapter. (Sorry, I don't have a link...) These provide standard L/R stereo jacks that you can mount in your dash, or let dangle out the bottom like most people. Then you can plug your iPod in directly with a simple adapter from Radio Shack.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    iTrip works well. The only complaint I have is that sometimes it is a little difficult to pick a new freq to use if you need to. Sometimes it takes two or three tries before it goes thru. Once the freq is chosen it works well.

bob
  • Reply 4 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I had no big problems with mine. It took a few commutes to find the best station to use and to tweak the placement/volume settings. If the bass is too high, you can use the iPod's built-in equalizers to lower it.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Out of all the radio trasmitters, iTrip is still king. If you still have a cassette player in your car, get the Sony adapter, avoid RadioShack as it does not have a feedback mechanism that tells modern radios w/tape seek/scan that there's a tape playing.

For me, since I travel and have to use rental cars that primarily come equipped with CD Players, the iTrip is a godsend. That and the fact it doesn't interfere with chargers and other connecting devices is also good.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Over to Digital Hub we go...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Over to Digital Hub we go...

But

"Current Hardware

Discussion of all current Apple and third-party hardware." isn't the iTrip 3rd party hardware?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    What about the belkin charger for the Car or are there better ones. the perosn who said belkin suck, ipodandimac, is this all their products or just the iTrip.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    THIS looks like a good solution, though I haven't tried one.

Theres also a Modification you can do to it to boost the power.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    It took me a while to find the right channel. After one month of testing different channels I found the best station and it works good for my usual 100 km trips whithout the need to change the station.

Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

Theres also a Modification you can do to it to boost the power.

Has anybody opened the iTrip, maybee there is a similar way of boosting the power?