New 30" Display !!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Well rumors, rumors, rumors... we should have a new Display form factor as well as a new 30" size.

So will they come out soon or wait until the new G5 revision?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

Well rumors, rumors, rumors... we should have a new Display form factor as well as a new 30" size.

So will they come out soon or wait until the new G5 revision?

Who Knows? I was hoping the G5 speed bump rumor would have come true today. It could happen.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    How about.... 'not in the near future'.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Apple doesn't seem to have a problem selling $3,500 displays and I think if they did release a 30" display it'll probably cost that much.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    Mmmm 30" HD Apple display... How about it will come out with the dual 3Ghz G5s anyday now
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Apple doesn't seem to have a problem selling $3,500 displays and I think if they did release a 30" display it'll probably cost that much.

exactly. i just want a "low-end" 20 incher
  • Reply 6 of 13
    low end? I remember when the 15" was high end. Wait I remember when I spent $300 on my 15" CRT w/ speakers... I think I will get the biggest baddest one I can afford. Anyone want to donate money for SetiLogger X?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Heck, there may never be new displays from Apple. They might discontinue the whole line and tell us to buy 'em elsewhere.

After all, MacMinute reports that Apple is now saying "Music is their top priority"! Oh, I suppose they'll eventually release faster PowerMacs... but you know Apple doesn't have a lot of back burners anymore.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

Heck, there may never be new displays from Apple. They might discontinue the whole line and tell us to buy 'em elsewhere.

[snip]

Not true. Apple has always produced displays, thats what makes their hardware so awesome. Why would all the new computers shipping still have an ADC port if Apple planned on discontinuing the line? Apple hardware rocks because I don't have to get it from 12 different places, my display matches my computer. Looks much better than any Wintell box.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Not true. Apple has always produced displays, thats what makes their hardware so awesome. Why would all the new computers shipping still have an ADC port if Apple planned on discontinuing the line? Apple hardware rocks because I don't have to get it from 12 different places, my display matches my computer. Looks much better than any Wintell box.

The current displays don't go too well with the new G5s.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Which is why they will update them soon!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    30 inches puts Apple back in the top for the ludicrous computer display heap. The only reason I care is I may be able to snag a sweet deal on a 17 inch cinema display if a 30 incher comes out.

I think 30 inches would be the upper limit for any Apple display tho. HD Final Cut Editing is probably one of the few areas that would utilize that much sweet screen estate. Anything bigger is basically a TV, because at those resolutions, any kind of text editing become impossible.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Heck , 30 inches would be 10 inches bigger than my TV right now!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member
    Visit any large consumer electronics dealer now, Fry's for example, and you can see that large LCD displays are this year's new thing. Even CompUSA now reflects this "Media PC/Digital Hub/Home Entertainment Center Computer trend. My guess is this means new Apple Displays are right around the corner. A moment of silence in honor of the fact that Apple was there first, again, when Steve discontinued CRT displays. I would also think that this year will see prices dropping on large LCDs as they begin to be made in huge quantities. I think I'll hang on to the old hotrodded Smurf box a little longer & get a G6 w/42" Cinema Display for Xmas.