Apple keyboard problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Guys the arrow keys on my Apple Keyboard have stopped working for some unknown reason. The only arrown key that works is the up key the others are not working any more. I am having diifculty navigating and writing documents. Any suggestions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Does unplugging the keyboard help. Have you done a reboot?

Does it affect all apps?

Dobby.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dobby

Does unplugging the keyboard help. Have you done a reboot?

Does it affect all apps?

Dobby.

I have re-booted a couple of times, I have OS X server also installed, but the down, right and left arrow keys on the keyboard do not work on both OS X and OS X server. This started happening today, before that everything was fine. All the apps are being affected by this including the Finder in both OS X and OS X server. I am staying in India and there aren't many(any) mac stores here.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    restart your mac with command S to enter the console.

type in a couple if lines of crap and use the arrow keys to see they work now. If they still don't work I suspect its the keyboard. (another machine would also show if the keyboard is stuffed or its the mac).

Dobby.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    i'm no expert on this stuff, but would changing full keyboard access stuff change anything?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I did turn on the full access thing on the keyboard. The funny thing is that some other keys have also stopped working like the command key on the right side of the <Space Key> and the number keys from 0 to 3 also including the . key have stopped working, the <Enter> on the Numeric pad is also not working. Is there any Function key that might have caused this problem. Please advice.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Try using the keyboard on another computer (it'll work on PCs too, as it's USB) to check if the keyboard is faulty or not.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thanks for the quick reply would do that right away and test it out. Too bad I moved back to India buying an Apple keyboard would not be an easy task.