Voice Record on Mac > Send to iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have an 2G 10 GB iPod. I have to memorize a sonnet for my Shakespeare class and thought it would be very helpful if I could record it using the microphone I have on my Mac and somehow convert it to an MP3 format so I could upload it to my iPod and listen to it. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by wolfeye155

I have an 2G 10 GB iPod. I have to memorize a sonnet for my Shakespeare class and thought it would be very helpful if I could record it using the microphone I have on my Mac and somehow convert it to an MP3 format so I could upload it to my iPod and listen to it. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

use garageband to record your voice, save it to ipod and bam...done
  • Reply 2 of 7
    No Garageband. \

If that is the only way I will go pick it up tonight though. The iPhoto and Garage Band alone are worth the $50 right? I don't really use iMovie or iDVD.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You used to be able to record beep sounds in the sound control panel, I guess you can't do that anymore? But you could record it with some other software - there are plenty of things like Sound Studio. Check version tracker.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Audio Recorder

Records to AIFF or mp3 (can choose mp3 bitrate). Works flawlessly on my PowerBook.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    um hello???? just use imovie
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Thanks for all your posts. I was going to buy iLife anyway so might as well been sooner than later. Just got back from the Apple Store with iLife '04. Will tinker with it later tonight.

ipodandimac - I asked a sincere question and don't feel as if I deserve a smart @ss reply. Maybe you should just not comment if you're going to be arrogant.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Yes, wolf has a vengeful god named wolfen.

He is an indian who can turn into a wolf and he will cut you with his blade! (God Bless Aqua Teen Hunger Force )