damn you Apple for releasing GB, damn you...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So now i don't get to see my powerbook too much anymore. My wife steals it as soon as i'm not around!

I can barely check my e-mails.

AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT! (she supposed to be outside targeted crowd for crying out loud)

....evil corporation, with their evil ideas.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

So now i don't get to see my powerbook too much anymore. My wife steals it as soon as i'm not around!

I can barely check my e-mails.

AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT! (she supposed to be outside targeted crowd for crying out loud)

....evil corporation, with their evil ideas.....

[Steve Jobs Evil Laugh]

Mwaahhhhh!!!! My plan is in full force!

[/Steve Jobs Evil Laugh]

• Reply 2 of 14
    Looks like you'll be in the market for a second Mac
  • Reply 3 of 14
    I hear you man. My girlfriend is the GarageBand Nazi. I never get to use my computer when she's around.

How much are iBooks?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    See? See?

Free iApps *DO* sell Macs!

• Reply 5 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    There's already a big groundswell of GB productions from people all over the web. THIS is the kind of app that will get people to leave windows... or home users anyway. MS will try to copy it I'm sure, but I'm also sure their version will suck.

It's amazing to me how people with nothing but an ear for music can make some really pretty impressive tracks with so little gear. Apple rocks. Quite literally it seems.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Yup, I agree that GB is one of those special Apple apps. Just to hear all the people on the web talking about dusting off their old instruments, its great. apple has managed to get people to become creative once again.

Yesterday my 6-year old daughter decided to teach my wife how to use GB. That in itself is a testament to how well the software is designed. Off course, next thing you know my wife is sitting in front of the computer for 45 minutes with my daughter is screeming that its her turn, and no that's not the way you do it...

All I want to know is: When is my turn?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I think GarageBand is just like iMovie when it first came out. It put something into the consumers hands that wasn't previously available or thought to be possible.

Personally, it has motivated me to relearn the piano after not playing for 7 years. I can't wait until I get my MIDI keyboard!

THANKS TO ALL THE MINDS AT APPLE FOR SCREWING UP WHAT LITTLE FREE TIME I HAD!!!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    It is a lot like when iMovie first came out, but with GB people are more likely to just start playing around with it because they have all the loops. Once you get going on a song you're hooked. I don't have a video camera so I can't just open iMovie and start making something. When I got GB I wasted a good 2 hours with the loops before I even got my guitar out.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I can see "Windows Music Maker" coming from M$ soon \

Bill Gates will make a speech in the upcoming digital media event (forget the name).....saying Music is the future.

Their TV commercials will feature street kids banging trash can and a PC to make crap stuff.....blah blah blah
  • Reply 10 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I said that when GarageBand was first announced. I said something here like "by this autumn, keep your eyes open for Microsoft DigiStudio? or something like that...".

In fact, I'll put down real money on it, I'm so confident in my prediction.

Again, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Suddenly Microsoft (and others) will - out of the blue, with no inkling whatsoever of any prior interest or dabbling in the topic - claim that "making music is at the heart of everyone. It's what makes us human. To that end, we're here to announce...".

Saps. No-original-idea-having-bandwagon-jumping saps.

Apple could suddenly shift into a big interest/push in gardening, release iGrow and a USB-based seed spreader and within 8 or so months, Microsoft would come out with PodPlanter 1.0? (even mooch on the "pod" word for good measure ) and the media and the goons down at Best Buy would, as usual, hail them as visionaries and such.

• Reply 11 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I saw the latest M$ TV commercial a few nights ago.....

Saying something like kids are the hope of the future and M$ RESPECTS them so they create "revolutionary" software to them blah blah blah

After seeing what they did with the 17 years old Mike Rowe I think M$ is total BullSh!t.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Isn't it why we all hang around these boards in a first place?

People at Apple, have ideas, visions, which really making using computers fun and creative. "Creative" really has a meaning when working with macs, doesn't it?

MS is a big 'factory', they don't have that 'spark'.

Maybe not the best choice of words, but you know what i mean...
  • Reply 13 of 14
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Yeah, I said that when GarageBand was first announced. I said something here like "by this autumn, keep your eyes open for Microsoft DigiStudio? or something like that...".

In fact, I'll put down real money on it, I'm so confident in my prediction.

Again, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Suddenly Microsoft (and others) will - out of the blue, with no inkling whatsoever of any prior interest or dabbling in the topic - claim that "making music is at the heart of everyone. It's what makes us human. To that end, we're here to announce...".

Saps. No-original-idea-having-bandwagon-jumping saps.

Winter 2004, announcing:

Microsoft GarageBandWagon?
  • Reply 14 of 14
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

goons down at Best Buy would,

Easy! I love Best Buy.