Raven Shield Need Help With Hertz Rate

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all, i just got Rainbow Six 3 - Raven Shield and it's the first time i have gotten this kind of game so i'm in training right now....Looks hard as it's a one shot and dead game but i understand it's more of a sim than Quake game.

But i didn't post this to talk about it, more to ask for help on how to make the main menu and in game refresh rate be at my choice as the options menu only lets me chose resolution only and not refresh rate, i don't want to go at 90Hz...i want to play at 75Hz.

Also if i set the games resolution it follows it only when i load the game...it still stays at the old resolution in the menu which i find a pain as my Sony CRT has to keep switching.

I hope someone can help me out be it via a key i need to hold down to see these options or a command i can put in the console.

I hope this game was worth my money as it looks very hard... \

Thanks

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Thanks buddys

Frank_t
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quit being a complainer, wait more then a day to cry about not getting a reply!

Did you look in the .ini file? Are you just worried about getting better fps? If so then scour the internet I know you need to do some things to get higher fps because I was only getting like 10-15, until I did it, now I get 15-35.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm not worrying about FPS issues right now, but as i'm here if you could give me some pointers it would be welcomed. Just the refresh rate is what i'm having issues right now.

Frank_t
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by frank_t

I'm not worrying about FPS issues right now, but as i'm here if you could give me some pointers it would be welcomed. Just the refresh rate is what i'm having issues right now.

Frank_t

Eerily I am playing a steve jobs 1984 share holders meeting speech right off of your site...spooky.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Why is a higher hertz rate a problem for you?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I really want to change the refresh rate as my display makes a noise which isn't normal at 90Hz which it doesn't at any other refresh rate....i also don't need to to be that high at 90hz...75hz is fine for me and that's how i play my other games....why is this so hard to change?

Frank_t