countdown to new g5's...

Comments

• Reply 101 of 410
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TackMan

Sorry, but I cannot let this go:

You are just demonstrating your US Bias. The Super Bowl is not even in the top three. The most watched sporting events in the world are:

1. Soccer World Cup

2. Olympic Games

3. Rugby World Cup

Evidence:

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/SPORT/10....wcup.bground/

Your last sentence (which I did not bother to quote) just reinforces the widely held view that people from the US should, read more, learn more, and speak less!

If you were 50 I doubt you would have read half as much as I have.

I think it would be wise of you to start again in large bold text.

Quote:

"the super-bowl is the most watched sporting event on the planet.". (or used to be)

Which was true at one time I was sure of it, and someone posted the stat.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,575039085,00.html
  • Reply 102 of 410
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Don't derail this thread. The superbowl have nothing to do with the new G5 unless the new i mac will have a oval ball shape ...

Keep this for AO please.
  • Reply 103 of 410
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Don't derail this thread. The superbowl have nothing to do with the new G5 unless the new i mac will have a oval ball shape ...

Keep this for AO please.

Agreed. I could give a rats arse about sporting events, profanity filters, Americans and unAmericans, whatever.

This is a G5 thread, folks.

Please stop wasting everyone's time with political/sporting discussion. Go to AO.

• Reply 104 of 410
    i accidentally dropped my tiBook on the pavement recently (encased in a sturdy/trusty Trager bag, however landing zipper side up - and thus not so protected ) and it suffered a cracked front corner. Only superficial, but a scar not unlike that of Willem DeFoe in Platoon.

I need a big tax write-off in 2004, and a G5 powerbook sounds like just the medicine. Come on...gimme...
  • Reply 105 of 410
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    well the 24trh has come and gone and no new G5s is there any chance that they heard the rumors and pushed it back a few days to supprise everyone?
  • Reply 106 of 410
    24th won't have come and gone until Noon, GMT -5, ie 9am California time.
  • Reply 107 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

24th won't have come and gone until Noon, GMT -5, ie 9am California time.

To be exact, the 24th wont have come and gone until it's the 25th.

• Reply 108 of 410
    and i dont think too many people actually expected g5's today.... i'm waiting on tuesday
  • Reply 109 of 410
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    macrumors:

Quote:

According to one source "something big" is expected on Monday January 26th, 2004. Lower PowerMac inventories suggests possible updates to that line, but there are also hints at "something else"...

Less certain whispers, however, have spanned the range with Sat introductions, PowerMac, and iMac G5 rumors. More certain details will be posted as available.

we might yet see something from apple.
  • Reply 110 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by TBoxman

lol
  • Reply 111 of 410
    Quote:

Dionne warwick

Y'know, this is getting kinda desperate.

The Apple Mac is 20 years old today and not a jot on their website about it.

At least a 'Happy 20th' badge?

Anybody else getting fed up of the iPod Mini?

It's nice. We get it. I maybe even want one in six months time...

Now, show us the money!

NEW 2004 MAC, PLEASE!

Let's start the goddamn MAC celebration!!! G5 everything. 3 gig PMs! Powerbook. 10.4!!!

Sigh.

Lemon Bon Bon

PS. Monday, then?

PPS. The rumour mill is deafeningly quiet...even 'Thinksecret' aint firing off their fat mouth...
  • Reply 112 of 410
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    About time someone else calls for the dual 3Ghz G5 I have been talking about Wait until Monday or Tuesday, releasing new products on a Sat is bad business.
  • Reply 113 of 410
    Now that the cooler IBM chips are shipping!

G5 Powerbooks! Yippie!!
  • Reply 114 of 410
    epromeprom Posts: 11member
    I refuse to celebrate until I see some evidence about my new dual 2.6 G5!
  • Reply 115 of 410
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TBoxman

well at least the start of the day had... its almost gone now...6 more hours EST 9 PST
  • Reply 116 of 410
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eprom

I refuse to celebrate until I see some evidence about my new dual 2.6 G5!

dual 2.6 g5??? Nah its gotta be dual 3.0 G5 for me!
  • Reply 117 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by tfworld

dual 2.6 g5??? Nah its gotta be dual 3.0 G5 for me!

omg if they come out with dual 3GHz, that means they'd probably beat intel to 4Ghz, and all of us would rejoice. (of course that day will come eventually, cause intel sucks, but it'd be nice right now)
  • Reply 118 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

but it'd be nice right now

u know it
  • Reply 119 of 410
    kurtkurt Posts: 225member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

Y'know, this is getting kinda desperate.

The Apple Mac is 20 years old today and not a jot on their website about it.

At least a 'Happy 20th' badge?

...Sigh.

Lemon Bon Bon

PS. Monday, then?

I definitely agree LBB. Apple's website should have more than just the remade original commercial. What is the matter with them?
  • Reply 120 of 410
    Never have I seen a company where so many people wait with mouth-watering-anticipation for what's available next before making a purchase! No doubt the Wintel world is envious of such a following. However, such a trait has cost Apple dearly in delayed or unrealized sales. Dell and company change their product lines as they see fit and hence potential buyers don't wait for that magic day to buy their next computer. They never know what's coming in a week or month except for perhaps that faster Intel chip of which there have been few. With Apple, hundreds or thousands of buyers have been waiting for that next magical product upgrade before making their purchase. I admit I'm one of these. Can we really be faulted for a syndrome created entirely by Apple? How many times has Apple released something new and reduced substantially the price of the displaced model? Jump the gun by one day and it could cost you several hundred dollars that you could've saved. Apple/Jobs better get their act together and release products on a regular basis and not only during a Mac World or anniversary or convention. Apple needs to put back the confidence in their customers that what they buy they are buying at a great price and not overpaying by $1000.00 the day before the newer model comes out. Maybe Apple should honor a refund of the difference for those purchases made within 2 weeks of a price cut. Maybe then people may feel comfortable enough making that needed purchase when they really need it as opposed to waiting on the Big Price Cut Event.