creature II speakers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hey everyone. i'm considering getting the creature II speakers for my g5, and i was just wondering how good they are. are there better ones for the same price? ( i have to admit though, the design of the creatures is awesome, so that counts for something). thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    seeing as how no one here has any input, could a mod move this to general discussion (which is where it should be anyways)? thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    My best friend has the Creatures (the previous version, white with the blue lights). They sound awesome. The new ones, Creature II, are $30 cheaper at $99.

They look cool, sound cool, no drivers or software, just plug 'em in and be done with it!

The right satellite has these two little metal touch-sensitive buttons for raising and lowering the volume. The subwoofer has two chrome, bullet-shaped knobs to control bass and treble.

I love them and I'm picking a set up for myself! I've been wanting them for months, but right before Christmas I heard they were coming out with the new ones at Macworld. I wanted to wait and see what they were like.

I say get 'em.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

My best friend has the Creatures (the previous version, white with the blue lights). They sound awesome. The new ones, Creature II, are $30 cheaper at $99.

They look cool, sound cool, no drivers or software, just plug 'em in and be done with it!

The right satellite has these two little metal touch-sensitive buttons for raising and lowering the volume. The subwoofer has two chrome, bullet-shaped knobs to control bass and treble.

I love them and I'm picking a set up for myself! I've been wanting them for months, but right before Christmas I heard they were coming out with the new ones at Macworld. I wanted to wait and see what they were like.

I say get 'em.

awesome. thats just what i wanted to hear.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    I'm curious how these compare with the new SoundSticks II (aside from the price, that is). Does anybody know?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    In a non-scientific test at an Apple Store, the Creatures sounded better. Oh, and if anybody cares, the only difference between Creatures I and II is a different color light.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by k squared

In a non-scientific test at an Apple Store, the Creatures sounded better. Oh, and if anybody cares, the only difference between Creatures I and II is a different color light.

what are their respective colors?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    creature!!! have them!, ive had the sound sticks the only difference to me is that theyre cheaper and the silver ones look better next to my PB
  • Reply 8 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

what are their respective colors?

There's some confusion on this (so I'm not 100% sure), but I think the first generation had blue. At least the white ones did (my friend has them, so that's CONFIRMED). Not sure what color lights the first-generation silver or blue ones had. I've heard someone here say they were green.

ANYWAY, the new Creature II speakers apparently come in green lights, for both models offered: white and gray (silver has been replaced with gray, and I honestly don't know the difference between what JBL is calling silver and gray, so...).

Thing is, these Creature II speakers are nowhere to be found, it seems. A month-long wait through the online Apple Store. The two Atlanta-area Apple stores don't have them and honestly don't even seem too aware of their existence, much less availability.

I suppose I could try ordering them directly from Harman Multimedia/JBL (not sure of the distinction: typing in harmanmultimedia.com or jbl.com both takes you to pretty much the same Creature II site/page(s).
  • Reply 9 of 14
    green?!?!? blue is so much cooler.... i may have to reconsider now...
  • Reply 10 of 14
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Straight from the JBL Creature II site:

http://www.harman-multimedia.com/faq...CREATUREII#001
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Straight from the JBL Creature II site:

http://www.harman-multimedia.com/faq...CREATUREII#001

man i'm really disappointed... the green lights screw it all up for me... so if i have a glass desk, there'll be green lights from the creatures, and a red light from my optical mouse. thats ridiculous... and ugly.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    But really cool during Christmas.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Creature II is identical to Creature I. Only difference is the less expensive material used (hence the $30 price drop) and the colors.

Personally I think you can get better sound for less money. I don't like all those "mini" speakers, especially when they're so expensive.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Damn purchasing advice radar.

*click*